10-17-06

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: randy marci, ghostingrey, quackadikt

10-17-06

Postby randy marci » Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:15 pm

went out this morning to chase the geese. got lost :oops: and then finally found where i needed to be at about 8:30 or so. set up 10 full bodies and a dozen mallard dekes and sat back in the layout. within minutes a flock of geese were on a string coming straight in. at 10yds. i jump up and pull off a triple. ducks started flying when i shot so i got back down and waited. shot my 6 ducks within 40 minutes and shoulda been more choosey. figured i'd try and wait out that one more goose. sat for about another half hour or so and no more geese were even heard. figured i had missed most of the birds due to my impeccable sense of direction, so went to go get deke bags and call it a good hunt. just as i get back to where the bags are stashed it happened. heard moans that sounded real close and as i turned around the geese were already starting to light in the deeks. well with my gun in my layout 50 yds away all i could do is watch. the geese spotted me and boogied. oh well, gonna hit 'em again tomorrow and even get in before sun up this time :yes: here's a pic of the take.

randy marci
State Moderator

Postby DKDKGUS » Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:04 am

RIGHT ON!! Looks like you should never have worried about missing duck hunting in the move to NM. A mighty fine bag of birds there. Call me later today Jaboney!

P.S. That'll teach you to leave your gauge in the blind :salude:
DKDKGUS
hunter

Postby ghostingrey » Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:53 am

Well done Randi, to bad I can't see the pics at work, i'll have to check again when i get home. I was out on Monday and had 7 or 8 Canadas sit down in the middle of my duck dekes. A day too early, it was killing me cause it will be awhile before I can get out again.
ghostingrey
State Moderator

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting