good start down south

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: quackadikt, randy marci, ghostingrey

good start down south

Postby JH » Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:51 pm

well be and my huntin partners went out this weekend and our first real time ever duck huntin, and we got addicted quick, we managed to nail 4 mallards, a redhead, and quite a few coot. we also found some good spots, and the ducks where decoyin pretty good, i cant wait until next weekend, i hope more birds start moving down this way, we loved it so much after the first day we where buyin a case of shells, some waders, and more decoys, i am not to sure what people think of me carrying a dozen decoys in and out of my dorm, but heck who cares, it is awesome! I hope everyone else is having as a enjoyable of a season so far
JH
hunter

Postby randy marci » Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:13 pm

JH, glad to hear you are hooked already. this states needs more hunters to keep the tradition alive. glad to hear you guys shot a few ducks and some bonus coots. there will be birds headed your way as the weather in colorado and to the north starts to ramp up in intensity and temps start to plummet.
randy marci
State Moderator

Postby ninja99 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:01 pm

glad to hear you found some ducks down this way. i was back in albuquerque this weekend and me and my buddys managed to sneak in one morning of duck hunting. only one mallard drake. man, that river went up a lot from last time. stopped and checked out the wma's on the way there, but wasnt able to find the time to hunt
ninja99
hunter

Postby fito » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:20 pm

hey can I ask you where your hunting JH

thanks
fito
hunter

Postby JH » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:59 pm

i have been hitten everywhere, the river north of hatch, some stock tanks, and up towards caballo, anywhere there are ducks found i am there
JH
hunter

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting