Deer Hunt

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: randy marci, ghostingrey, quackadikt

Deer Hunt

Postby ghostingrey » Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:21 pm

Just got back the other day from huntin down south near Lincoln. I spent the first two days by myself working a relatively small area. It was wasn't getting a lot of pressure and there were signs of deer everywhere, beds, tracks, droppings. I spooked a couple midday of the opener in some thick cover and couldn't get a clear view. The second day I saw a lone doe just before sunset. That night by budy gets there and we head out the next morning to my original spot. We walked a mile or so from where weparked the tuck when we spotted a good size buck, grazing by himself at the far end of a clearing. My buddy made a great stalk to within 60 or 70 yds. He made what looked like a great shot, saw the deer stumble and bolt into the nearby trees. We gave him 15 vmins or so and started looking for blood. Couldn't find any blood but did see some stumble marks. We tracked em and found him 40 yds away. It was a perfect shot but the bullet didn't exit. Here's some pics. Hope you all enjoy em. It was great hunt and a beautiful animal.

ghostingrey
State Moderator

Postby randy marci » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:43 pm

nice buck dude :thumbsup: i see chops and steaks and sausage in your future. :yes:
randy marci
State Moderator

Postby Dirt » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:02 am

Nice mulie
Thats cool to see something other than Randy's ducks around
here.:smile:
nice job
Dirt
hunter

Postby randy marci » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:23 am

hey whats wrong with my pile o'ducks photos :umm:
randy marci
State Moderator

Postby ghostingrey » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:46 am

Thanks guys, gonna start butchering tonight. I'll be back to chasin ducks this weekend. Hopefully there will be some nice pics to compete with Randy's. I'm still chasin after that first goose of the year. I promised all my friends goose for thanksgiving!
ghostingrey
State Moderator

Postby Escopeton » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:35 am

Good buck. I can hear the chops hitting the grill aready. :thumbsup:
Living large in the southwest.
Escopeton
hunter

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting