Another non-waterfowl hunt

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: randy marci, ghostingrey, quackadikt

Another non-waterfowl hunt

Postby Ex-Cajun » Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:17 pm

Well, since Ghostingrey posted a thread on it I figured I would too. Although I don't have a trophey to show off :oops: '
Brian & I went on a cow elk hunt up north, purchased a couple of landownder tags (won't ever do that again!) and it was a bust. Hunted out asses off climbing mountains all day every day and only saw 4 elk. 1 bull and 3 cows and never had an opportunity for a shot.
H O W E V E R,
we did see 42 deer. Most I've ever seen in one area in all of New Mexico. Mostly doe, but saw 10 bucks, 8 were legal and 6 of these were "Wall Hangers" where the rack extends beyond the ears. Just couldn't belive our damn luck! Put in for a Elk Hunt and see all the deer. I can see why that area only allows for 15 tags, but you can bet your sweet ass I'll be putting in for the area next year.
Going out Sunday to hit the river and scatter a bit of steel shot across the water. I'm hoping some ducks fly through my pattern while my gun is going off.

Travis
Ex-Cajun
hunter

Postby Dirt » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:06 am

Now ya see
A Cajuns gotta stick to what he knows.
Spoonies :laughing:
Dirt
hunter

Postby randy marci » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:22 am

travis, sorry to hear about your meat hunt. chalk it up to experience and go make some birds pay. give me a buzz if you need a place to go look for ducks. sunday is gonna be an awesome day with the storms starting to stack up and bring the weather in up north.
randy marci
State Moderator

Landowner hunt

Postby Minnesota Boy » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:46 am

Ive never bought a landowner tag, what were the downfalls? Not enough land to hunt?
Minnesota Boy
hunter

Postby ghostingrey » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:04 pm

Landowner tags can be sold for whatever the owner wants to charge and can be extremely expensive. Some can be found for reasonable prices but i've seen some as high as a grand or more. Course if you're good buddies with a landonwer it can be a sweet deal. Me I'll stick to the lottery.
ghostingrey
State Moderator

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting