EEE Doggies and Little Catfishies

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: randy marci, quackadikt, ghostingrey

EEE Doggies and Little Catfishies

Postby lindschesapeake » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:50 pm

Got to love the Midwest; ducks, geese all while hunting pheasants. Chasing the birds is better than sex in my book, well almost.

In another note, glad to see the river running like it use to in the old days. Helps keep the faint hearted out of the way. Before going out today I realized I needed to check my logbook from years ago when the river ran at the volumes we are seeing right now. Yet, the river channels have changed considerably due to the draught these past years. Too much vegetation on the islands. Well finding areas on the Rio that hold the boys can be tricky and I will warn you folks that in years past it wasn't unusual to hear about guys going over their waders and drowning. So be damn careful. I use an aqua pod and drift in where the birds like to loaf around. Managed to pick off 3 and then spent the rest of the day way down south doing some scouting. One of my all time favorite honey holes is back. Finshed off the day with 3 more. And thus eee doggies and little catfishieeees the doggies and me are going to have some fun now.
lindschesapeake
hunter

Postby randy marci » Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:50 pm

GREAT JOB :thumbsup: got out myself today and 3 of us rushed 18 birds by 8:30AM coulda been more quality, but had to work. totals were 11 mallard, 3 pintail, 2 redheads, 1 wigeon, and 1 token ringneck that i shot :oops:
randy marci
State Moderator

Postby Dirt » Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:20 pm

I think I'm hearin what your sayin there Lindsey.
At least I hope what I'm thinking is what your saying.
Then again thats what I get for thinking sometimes.
Dirt
hunter

Postby 30 caliber » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:16 am

Hey Lindsey, pm me if you ever feel like sharing the location of implied honey hole (catfish camp?). :cool:
30 caliber
hunter

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting