Season question

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: ghostingrey, randy marci, quackadikt

Season question

Postby quackadikt » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:08 am

Would anyone be opposed to the season starting 7 dayslater and having an extra 7 days to teal hunt? Personally, I'd be perfectly happy with the opener being the first week of November and having an extra week to kill some teal.
"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold
quackadikt
State Moderator

Location: The Irrirgation Canal formerly known as the Rio Grande

Re: Season question

Postby PeterJarmo » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:42 pm

I'm pretty sure these are all federally mandated season dates for the most part. I don't think its as easy as swapping dates/seasons like airline miles. Plus you can shoot teal during the regular season anyhow so its kind of a non-issue imo...
PeterJarmo
hunter

Re: Season question

Postby quackadikt » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:05 am

The feds give the states a total number of days in between certain dates(NM is allowed 107 total duck hunt days), they don't set the actual dates for each state. The state is allowed to pull, say 7 days from the regular season, and add it into the early teal season.
"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold
quackadikt
State Moderator

Location: The Irrirgation Canal formerly known as the Rio Grande

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting