South?

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: randy marci, quackadikt, ghostingrey

South?

Postby TexasMallard10 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:43 pm

Anyone hunting south between Los lunas and Bernardo since all the rain we have gotten? Any luck on teal? Seeing any other species?
TexasMallard10
hunter

Re: South?

Postby desert water fowler » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:50 pm

I habent been down there seen a flock of teal of the montano bridge this morning!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
desert water fowler
hunter

Postby TexasMallard10 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:04 pm

Saw a bunch of birds down at Bernardo during dove season usually all at sunset haven't been down there after all this rain. ImageImage
TexasMallard10
hunter

Postby desert water fowler » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:07 pm

That looks like a good day! I'm hoping to go soon!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
desert water fowler
hunter

Postby TexasMallard10 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:55 pm

Saw a bunch but those came in and took three with my three shots and that was it for the day
TexasMallard10
hunter

Postby ajmorell » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:37 am

Nice looking pup!
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Postby Dirty Bird Outfitters » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:25 am

teal.jpg
Dirty Bird Outfitters
hunter

Postby Rivr2319 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:11 am

Damn! Nice hunt I bet! Great Picture
KUPT UP AND KOMMITED
TAKE EM'!!!
Rivr2319
hunter

Postby TexasMallard10 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:56 pm

So I hunted Bernardo ponds both Saturday and Sunday and there was about 4 feet of water in the pond I hunted. Got there on Saturday at 5 and there was already 7 cars in front of the gate. So me and the guy I was hunting with got in a spot where we gave everyone who got there earlier than us more than enough room well 10 minutes before shooting light these guys who set up across the pond started shooting and were knocking down branches all I
Around everyone else who were on the correct side of the pond. They had more mojos than anyone could possibly need and did it all morning. Still managed to get a few birds. Sunday we got out there at 4 beat everyone there made a few people turn around who tried to walk around us (we were on the far corner of the pond so they had no where to go anyways) had one group show up at 619 trying to set out decoys. Said hell no and made them move. Ended up shooting our limit in an hour and let the group that got there right after us have our spot. Tons of teal but tons of idiots. All I can say is please be courteous and if your going to be taking shots at someone just don't take the shot. They are just ducks. If someone put in the time and got there early ask them how much room they want don't just assume 75 yards is enough.
TexasMallard10
hunter

Postby Dirty Bird Outfitters » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:33 am

YA all those things have been problems at the Bernardo ponds for a while. I use to deal with it too and it ended up getting to the point where I was getting up at 230 in the morning to be the first one there or setting up the night before the hunt . last two years I said hell with it and scouted the river out and made hidden blinds. Flew the river in an airplane and found the concentrations.still enjoy going to the ponds once in a while during the week in the later season. It appears that everyone is a duck hunter in October and November until and only the die hard hunters will hunt when the thick ice and cold comes. I know for a fact that someone respecting you by not setting up on top of you is not going to happen at the ponds. Have had a few fistfights at those ponds. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR SEASON, IT'S ALMOST THAT TIME
Dirty Bird Outfitters
hunter

Postby TexasMallard10 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:15 pm

Thanks brother the river is usually what I hunt but this year teal went south fast this early teal and they were holding to the ponds from all the rain. I couldn't help but go battle the clowns out there and work a few birds. Some of my best hunts last year is when I was crunching through ice and my flashlight was freezing to my lips while putting out dekes. Nothing a set of 1600 gram waders won't handle. Good luck with your season to bro
TexasMallard10
hunter

Postby Back for more » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:15 pm

Pm me sometime and when I'm not guiding maybe we can get after them one day .ps new username apparently someone flagged my old one (DBO)
"When the tires hit the mud , it will right the wrongs"

Why do I shoot 3.5" shells for ducks and geese ? Because they don't make 4" yet
Back for more
hunter

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting