ducks on bernardo

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: quackadikt, randy marci, ghostingrey

Where do you hunt

how many deeks do you hunt over and mojos
No votes
do you hunt the ponds or the river
No votes
do you have a dog
No votes

Total votes : 0

ducks on bernardo

Postby duckslayer89 » Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:54 pm

I went all last week from Dec.26-Jan.2 during the week it was ok Monday it was pretty horible tuesday i didnt go wednesday it was pretty good got 5. 3 teal (all drakes) 1 widgeon (drake) and one mallard (drake) thursday 1 drake mallard Friday was not very good we also got only 1 drake mallard Saturday we did not go and today Sunday we also got 1 suzzie. After we picked up we decided to head to the ponds to check it out and there were ducks everywhere they had there wings cupped from way up in the sky it was pretty cool seeing them come in from way up there.
This is all on Bernardo on the river and the ponds.
DuCkSlAyEr
duckslayer89
hunter

Postby waterfowler82 » Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:33 am

I have yet to hunt Bernardo, but was hoping to make it out there Monday. The fact that they are closed on Friday seems a little rediculous, but oh well. I hunted the Rio Grande North of Caballo Reservoir and picked up a Widgeon and a Gadwall, but didn't see many other birds. I really hope that Bernardo lives up to all of the hype that I hear about it. It is about a 2 1/2 hour drive from Alamogordo and I'll be stumbling in the dark having never been there before, so we'll see how things turn out...
waterfowler82
hunter

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting