Let it snow, let it snow.

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: randy marci, quackadikt, ghostingrey

Let it snow, let it snow.

Postby Escopeton » Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:18 am

WOW, another record snowfall. What you guys think about the snow? Good thing I don't have to drive today. Maybe I can get out to hunt on Jan. 1, if the roads aren't too bad.
Living large in the southwest.
Escopeton
hunter

Postby 30 caliber » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:19 pm

:thumbsdown: I like all the snow, but I am bummed because I drew for the snow goose hunt at Bernardo that is supposed to happen tomorrow. Not sure that the roads will be passable as it is still coming down at 11:19 a.m. Also, I am sure all the ground blinds are full of snow. :eek:
30 caliber
hunter

Postby ghostingrey » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:44 pm

As far as I'm concerned, bring it on. State employees had the day off yesterday :thumbsup: And all this snow means plenty of water in the rivers and no fire restrictions in the forest come summer. Should also be good for the vegetation in the spring, which will translate into good numbers of quail next fall.
ghostingrey
State Moderator

Postby Escopeton » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:12 pm

Hey 30 Cal.

If you like to camp, there is a RV park right at the turn off from I40. At least you don't have to drive far from the RV park to the refuge headquarters. I have done it a few times and it saves me getting up at Zero early thirty. The park is called Kiva 861 0693. I know this is rather late but just in case you see this posting again.
Escopeton
hunter

Postby 30 caliber » Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:15 pm

Thanks for the info Escopeton. I don't have an RV. The pickup was completely snowed in, so I did not try to make it to the hunt. Rats!! Maybe I will draw again next year. Also, I hope to get in on some spring conservation hunts. If you ever need another hunter to tag along, let me know. I usually go by myself whenever I go hunting. Well, of course the dog always tags along. Happy New Year!
30 caliber
hunter

Postby Escopeton » Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:18 pm

Hey 30 Cal,

Let's plan on putting in for one of these bird hunts next year. My luck has to change sooner or later. I have a couple of weekends that I may go hunting before it ends - let you know.

Happy New Years to you and to everyone on this board. May it be safe.
Escopeton
hunter

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting