Texan to New Mexican

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: quackadikt, randy marci, ghostingrey

Texan to New Mexican

Postby GW10 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:52 pm

Just got word that I am being relocated to the Santa Fe area for work. The relocation is for about 2 years. Are there a few ducks to be had that way?

I have a Prodrive mud motor / mud boat. Are there places to use it in Northern NM or will it waste space in my garage / driveway?

I am the first to understand the sensitive nature of sharing info in this sport so PM's are fine. Again a simple "yes there are places" or "no there are not many places for a mud boat" is all I am looking for. I will do the rest of the leg work from there.

Thanks,

GW
GW10
hunter

Postby Escopeton » Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:55 pm

Hey GW,

Welcome to NM. I hope someone PM'd you on your post. Yes, there are places to hunt in the north - you may not need a boat, but the ducks are there. Towards the south, there are places where you can take you boat. You can get an idea on where from the prior posting here. Anyway, welcome.
Living large in the southwest.
Escopeton
hunter

Postby ghostingrey » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:31 pm

There are plenty of places to hunt ducks north of Santa Fe. Most of the spots will either be wadeable or deep water lakes. The boat would be helpful, but the mud motor probably won't be necessary very often. It could come in handy on the Rio Grande and the Pecos down south though. I live up in santa fe so PM me if you need more info.
ghostingrey
State Moderator

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting