best hunt of the year

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: randy marci, ghostingrey, quackadikt

best hunt of the year

Postby randy marci » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:10 am

well, since it's kinda slow around here i figured i'd share my best hunt of the year.
my oldest son hunter got to stay home from daycare on a tuesday morning. we decided we should just have a day for us to hang out. i asked him about 9:00am, after his fill of cartoons and cornpops, what he'd like to do today. he says "go duck hunting" my eyes lit up and i started gettin stuff ready. as i'm packing all the snacks up he's diggin his camo out of all his drawers. note to anyone taking kids......bring lots of snacks. anyways so i get all the snacks layed out and ready to put in the backpack

we finish gettin hunter dressed and load up in the truck.

we set out for the drive to a spot on the river. after crashing thru the bosque and scaring no ducks from the bank, i knew it would be a slow day duck wise. hunter picks a spot on the bank and i set the spread.

randy marci
State Moderator

Postby randy marci » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:14 am

after a couple of duckless hours, and countless mud slingin contests, hunter decides he's had enough. we never even saw a duck, but it didn't seem to matter to either one of us.

we headed back for the truck after i collected all the lego's and decoys back up and set out for home. i asked hunter alot of questions on the way home about how his day went and he just said to me "daddy, can we do it again tomorrow" magical words for sure. i can't wait till he gets his license and we can go together all the time. then his brother will be in training and i get to do it all again. hope you all had a great season, i know i did.

randy marci
State Moderator

Postby Minnesota Boy » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:48 pm

Looks like a blast. Nice to see kids wanting to do something other than watch TV or play Video Games.
Minnesota Boy
hunter

Postby mmalino » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:45 pm

cant really beat that :thumbsup:
Team Rainmakers
"We supply eBay with the bands you buy"

Go White Sox!!...hell with baseball its football season
mmalino
hunter

Postby LADIE-DH » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:36 am

:thumbsup: DEAR RANDY, YOUR RIGHT THAT IS THE BEST DUCK HUNTING DAY OF ALL WHEN YOUR SONS GET TO GO WITH YOU. I REMEBER THOSE DAYS WELL. I REMEMBER TOO WHEN I TOOK DUCK HUNTING UP ONCE AGAIN THAT ONE OF THE BEST DAYS WAS WHEN I WAS HUNTING WITH MY BOYS AT TULE LAKE AND MENDOTA CALIF. ENJOY THAT.
LADIE-DH
LADIE-DH
Newb

Postby randy marci » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:19 am

hey ma, good to see you back on here :thumbsup: :welcome:
randy marci
State Moderator

Postby LADIE-DH » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:40 am

:dito: HEY RANDY...ITS NICE TO BE BACK ON HERE...ITS BEEN ALONG TIME. GREAT PHOTOS..DOWNLOADED THEM AND SAVED THEM IN MY PICTURE FILE...THEY ARE GREAT...HAGD SON...
MOM OOPS I MEAN MA
LADIE-DH
Newb

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting