Made It

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: quackadikt, randy marci, ghostingrey

Made It

Postby GW10 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:05 am

Well I have been in New Mexico for a couple of months now and I must say ya'll have a beautiful state. I look forward to my 2 years here.

I just got transferred to the Santa Fe area so the new search begins for the fishing and hunting spots. Too bad gas is running close to $3.00 a gallon cause with the all of the open land this way, it looks like I will be putting some miles on the truck.

Take care and I hope to see some of you in the field.

Postby Escopeton » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:45 pm

Welcome to New Mexico. You will have a blast exploring the different nooks and crannies for your hunting and fishing.
Living large in the southwest.

Postby ghostingrey » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:25 pm

GW, welcome to New Mex. You're definitely right about all the open land putting a hurting on your wallet at fill up time but trust me, it's worth it. I'm up in Santa Fe also, and while it puts you a bit further away from the more frequented duck spots south of Abq, it also puts you a bit closer to some more remote areas. Plus the Pecos river is basically in our backyard, some of the best trout fishing in the state.
State Moderator

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting