Ethical Question?

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: ghostingrey, randy marci, quackadikt

Re: Ethical Question?

Postby quackadikt » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:47 am

If 8-12 guys filling bags on hens and sailing Multiple cripples, then pushing the fan boat to get em moving are your kind of friends I think I will pass.

^ I'm with stupid ^
"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold
quackadikt
State Moderator

Location: The Irrirgation Canal formerly known as the Rio Grande

Postby mr drake » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:17 pm

Last edited by mr drake on Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mr drake
hunter

Postby mr drake » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:12 pm

Nasty boy.....The Flyway counsels decide what your limits will be in each flyway and it's divided into tiers for each one.

Your States game commission decides what to adopt from it after recommendations, so let's say you want a more liberal limit for Canada's in the MRGV you have to voice it at the meetings, and trust me when I say, they "DO" want you to voice it! It is the only power that will get a change.

the energy being used by some of you to debate on this thread could be better used to ask why one of our states refuges ( Bosque del Apache) isn't allowing the duck hunting that they promised when getting funding with your hunting dollars from the Robertson Pittman act..... what happened to the youth hunts etc.... the development of the south end of the refuge was funded by a number of us, ( YOUR DOLLARS) and D.U. so you could have another place to enjoy.... would be a great place to throw a couple dozen decoys wouldn't it ? Why hasn't it happened ?

That's what a good voice should promote so your sons and daughters can have a guaranteed place to enjoy after we are gone.

Carry it forward.

You guys are the future !!!

I'm just a bird watcher :eek:
mr drake
hunter

Postby Blackfoot Inc » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:20 pm

4 lanyards full of bands, almost called BS...but you could be one of a few people!

Mr ride his four wheeler 2 minutes to his blind, or
Mr hunt behind locked gate?
My guess is Mr locked gate. And how did you get that key?
Blackfoot Inc
hunter

Postby jayclarkie » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:30 pm

Blackfoot Inc wrote:Mr ride his four wheeler 2 minutes to his blind

i wish!
Sorry folks, park's closed...
jayclarkie
hunter

Postby mr drake » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:57 pm

:hi:
Last edited by mr drake on Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mr drake
hunter

Postby Nasty Boy » Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:37 pm

:fingerhead:
Last edited by Nasty Boy on Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nasty Boy
hunter

Postby Dirt » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:16 pm

I'm pretty sure Mr drake is not Al.
Mr drake is it monty? Pretty sure is a restauranteur right there on the hill?
Dirt
hunter

Postby Nasty Boy » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:20 pm

:thumbsup:
Last edited by Nasty Boy on Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nasty Boy
hunter

Postby STICKLER » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:48 pm

:lol3: This is some good entertainment! A few of us know each other here, either by word of mouth, or personally. Some of us have most likely "jumped the gun" with assumptions on who may be who. I'm also starting to believe that one or more users are using multiple user names for this forum so they can give themselves props for making themselves look bad or vice versa. One will never know, or will they.... :rolleyes:
Last edited by STICKLER on Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carpe Diem
STICKLER
hunter

Postby Blackfoot Inc » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:54 pm

Dirt wrote:I'm pretty sure Mr drake is not Al.
Mr drake is it monty? Pretty sure is a restauranteur right there on the hill?

La Cochina?

Isn't he responsible for all the DD folks coming here?
Blackfoot Inc
hunter

Postby jayclarkie » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:49 pm

STICKLER wrote:I'm also starting to believe that one or more users are using multiple user names for this forum so they can give themselves props for making themselves look bad or vice versa. One will never know, or will they.... :rolleyes:

i've suspected that for some time now...
Sorry folks, park's closed...
jayclarkie
hunter

Postby Nasty Boy » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:50 pm

:huh:
Nasty Boy
hunter

Postby Blackfoot Inc » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:45 pm

mr drake wrote:Can't wait until camping season and someone is camped in the spot i want and leaves it there for a day or two!

It will all be mine ? Correct ?

"It will all be mine" How ironic! Doesn't feel so good knowing someone has your property does it?

Mr Cochina
You own/operate a private Gun Club and you still attempt to privatize public land by leaving your decoys out YEAR AROUND...Really!
May all the Karma you deserve flow your way :clapping:
Blackfoot Inc
hunter

Postby mr drake » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:38 pm

:fingerhead:
mr drake
hunter

Postby quackadikt » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:44 pm

Blackfoot Inc wrote:Mr Cochina
You own/operate a private Gun Club and you still attempt to privatize public land by leaving your decoys out YEAR AROUND...Really!
May all the Karma you deserve flow your way :clapping:

Ditto.
"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold
quackadikt
State Moderator

Postby Nasty Boy » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:49 pm

I understand you have been watching me as you stated. Should i be concern about my life as well as my sons when we go out. I do work extremely hard for my birds. I am sure you see how its done. I am sure you have tried. I do follow all rules and regulations in the proclamation. I am not a greedy hunter. I have such a passion for this sport. This is why I stress Voluntary Restraint.

I am sorry you got you decoys stolen. Its a shame one would do that. What i don't understand and my son doesn't either.
WHY WOULD SOMEONE LEAVE DECOYS OUT IN AN AREA THAT HOLDS MAJORITY OF THE DUCKS ON THEIR WINTER GROUNDS?
So I can explain this to him? I have no other answer.

I finally figured who you are Mr. Drake. Should I Call you by your name. We both know the same hunters you hunt with and associate with.

Swamp GRUNT
Nasty Boy
hunter

Postby STICKLER » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:02 pm

the_duck_hunter wrote:Derrick, suppose you're at Elephant Butte Lake for the weekend in the summer. You set up your camper, grill, and tent. You leave for 8 hours and when you return there is someone else cooking on your grill and using your setup. When you confront them, they tell YOU to leave and that this is now their camping spot. Does this scenario sound familiar? Just wondering what you would do. It seems to me like in your case, the "lazy" ones are the people who show up to hunt the lake without their own equipment, and then feel like its ok to use someone else's. Just saying. Oh and one other thing... it's a real big lake with a lot of X's!!

Now that I found out you are more than likely the individual who pulled up in his airboat with your crew of friends, I just want to let you know that I, and few of my friends are going to pack up your stuff and leave it at your boat launch location the next time we hunt there! The whole camping comparison is a big steaming pile of BS! Your time for taking over public land is coming to an end! If that lake has so many X's, what was your problem with moving from the area we beat you to fair and square within the realm of a real waterfowler and their are a few on this forum?
Carpe Diem
STICKLER
hunter

Postby mr drake » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:07 pm

Anthony,

came down with cancer last spring and my friends helped me set up the other day and I got sick so I had to leave at 10:30 and take some medicine, I went back out at 2 so I could watch my friends hunt and pick it up and presto

hope whomever took them enjoy them as much as I did

as for being safe... you get stuck you give me a call at anytime and I will go get you out.

as I told the men I had the pleasure of talking to today... I would rather die out there or on one of my ranches as to keel over in my office.

Hopefully they got some honkers

I and many other hunters have left set up's out there many times and have never had any problem and I have never cared if anyone hunted in them... I have killed my share of birds and already have my memories. I do not control anything out on the lake and do not want to see anyone controlled.

Headed to Scottsdale Mayo tomorrow for more treatments so enjoy while you can, you never know but some do assume way to much on this site.

I like to just have fun just like you

You boys need to carry it forward
mr drake
hunter

Postby Nasty Boy » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:41 pm

Mr. Drake. I do want to apologize for my behavior towards you. I can be a knuckle head at times. You came into this thread strongly and we all got very defensive. I do now believe you do have 4 lanyard full of bands. I look forward to what you have one day. Work hard and pays off. Do your homework and it can be rewarding.

I do want to ask you personally how your feel about leaving decoys out unattended? Its seems to big problem with a lot of hunters. There is conflict with fighting and could get someone injured or killed. And also in your case someone steals them. Not knowing the circumstance(example like yours). We do not want to lose what we have or increase rules and regulations.

What is a good way to handle this since you have many experienced years and decades of hunting ducks?

I will take you up on that helping me out if i ever get stuck or broken down.You must of heard that's my problem a lot. I am all over that area Head to Bottom 93 days out of the season. I am dedicated to the state park in any way to help improve the (Gem) of New Mexico.

Please stick around to chat with us and talk crap if you want to us or even call BS.
My thing is to keep the younger generation around and educate them to preserve our Sport of Duck Hunting alive and with respect.

One of the gentlemen you spoke to who is Dirt(Derrick). Give him the props he deserves to showing me the rules of thumb how to hunt ducks the proper way. He taught me well. A very excellent teacher.

Oh by the way. You can borrow my camping equipment anytime instead sitting and waiting for someone to leave theirs for the day. :lol3:
Nasty Boy
hunter

Postby mr drake » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:47 pm

My advice,

We (swamp grunts) are to small in New Mexico to have a voice when we do not except differences in what and how each of us percieve our hunting rights and expectations...for me one of the beauties of this area is the casual way each of us are able to enjoy our sport. Leaving decoys out, numerous places to get world class hunting without the restrictions that come from each person pressing for control.

There is certain validaty in the arguement of the early worm and that is always going to be an issue, i have had hunters leave their settups on my favorite area and have found even better ones as a result and through time i have developed many spots all of them being exceptional. The men i spoke with did not get to hunt the x today but boy they sure slammed them and had what sounded like a great hunt and i pointed them to an area that has been a resting atea for honkers that i was planning to hunt. At the end of the day we just want to be out there and enjoy our type of fun and hopefully make a few new friends.

Even on my private club we have rules that we have to adhere to, which is decided by majority vote we choose to share information on what blinds are performing...after busting your ass all week its good to get info to the hot spots since some can only go out a few times

a season.

It was fun hunting with the duck dynasty boys and listening about how they do it in their area..we didn't talk about anything but ducks, management practices, and types of duck food. And no i do not watch duck dynasty nor have i ever seen one of Phils videos...they are truely swamp grunts like us.

What if someone decides they do not think the lake should be hunted after 1 p.m. like the California side of Lower Klamath does?

Lets face it we have it really good here

In my opinion we should be asking why our best refuge Bosque is not allowing hunting like they should ?

Paid for by hunters money and msnaged against them.
mr drake
hunter

Postby quackadikt » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:15 am

BDA has told me that the funding has finally come through and that they are in the planning stages of creating some hunt areas. I don't know how long or how much area, but supposedly it's on the way.
quackadikt
State Moderator

Postby mr drake » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:03 am

BDA has been ssying that for years

South end was supposed to be for duck hunters and a lot of people have pitched in to get it done years ago, it has been ready now for three years

I was told by the management that the direction is for containment for audobon photographers have the say so they can mske money on the tours....hunting is laat on priorities...Melinson also said not enough hunters are voicing how they want the dystem changed yhst yhrir wasn't enough inyerest...except when yhey needef the funding of coiurse.

The new manager is doing even less.

They send hunters to the Butte

Need to send letters yo the reguge and all government positions yo let them know we have hsd enough of their excuses...

They cancel hunts all the time youth hunts, goose hunts rtc...have they ever canceled festival of the cranes ?

It's your refuge and you do not get to hunt it. Now that's something worth fighting gor ian't it ?
mr drake
hunter

Postby Nasty Boy » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:20 am

I do not want to get off the subject that has been importantly mentioned up above.

Mr. Drake

I would like to possibly help you understand a little more in depth on the decoys left out unattended. Teach an old dog new tricks.
I do understand that the fact I know you, myself, majority of the hunters state wide and our friends that live in the area get upset knowing that wanna be's out there all they care about is money or number's of kills. This is a problem state wide on public land. This is why they possibly leave decoys out to hold a spot so no others will take over. If there is a real human body present. Great. Its your spot. We all move on. But putting out decoys as a decoy for them self and not present, is not acceptable. It would be like Musical chairs out there if we all left decoys. Still wouldn't solve the problem. Someone will still be upset possibly because of the brand they are shooting over.Duck hunting is not it used to be, public hunting opportunities are becoming fewer and fewer.

I do encourage all duck hunters to please pick up your decoys and trash after you finished the day in the field when on public land. If we do not police ourselves. We may lose a lot of rights and add more regulations. Will limit our chances of fun day in the field. If you look at our regulations vs other state regulations. We do have it made. There is hardly any control. Do you want to be controlled?
Nasty Boy
hunter

Postby mr drake » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:44 am

Well said

:beer:
mr drake
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting