Youth hunt/bernardo

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: randy marci, ghostingrey, quackadikt

Youth hunt/bernardo

Postby bandgitter91 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:04 pm

Any body else think its a load of crap that bernardo ponds are shut down most of december for youth hunts. I think it is reallly good to get the youth out hunting don't get me wrong, but the fact that they have shut down the ponds unit for youth hunts when there were hardly any youth hunting the old youth ponds is ridiculous. to me its just another way for the state to take away public lands, especially for me who does not get to come back home all to often due to school and christmas break is about the only chance i really get to go out and hunt. I have seen days when there were no ducks on the pond side because they would all be sitting on the old youth side due to nobody hunting them, yet now they want to impede on the adult side. Just food for thought??? What do you guys think??? :huh:
bandgitter91
hunter

Re: Youth hunt/bernardo

Postby Back for more » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:26 am

We both know they will never get it right . Seems like they only care about public perception not the actual Hunters . Therefore I river hunt .
2014~15 season count

Dove

Mallard
Pintail
Widgeon
Gwt
Bwt
Rnt
Wood duck
Gad
Shov
Red
Canv
Geese light
Geese dark
Back for more
hunter

Postby quackadikt » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:49 am

I think that when ducks start growing antlers or horns, they'll be managed a lot better than they are. Until then, nobody at NMDGF could care less about waterfowl than they currently do. It's a shame and a blessing all in one.
"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold
quackadikt
State Moderator

Location: The Irrirgation Canal formerly known as the Rio Grande

Postby Back for more » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:04 am

quackadikt wrote:I think that when ducks start growing antlers or horns, they'll be managed a lot better than they are. Until then, nobody at NMDGF could care less about waterfowl than they currently do. It's a shame and a blessing all in one.

AMEN
2014~15 season count

Dove

Mallard
Pintail
Widgeon
Gwt
Bwt
Rnt
Wood duck
Gad
Shov
Red
Canv
Geese light
Geese dark
Back for more
hunter

Postby Back for more » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:14 am

wow that's a shocker
Attachments
IMG_20131215_091339.jpg
2014~15 season count

Dove

Mallard
Pintail
Widgeon
Gwt
Bwt
Rnt
Wood duck
Gad
Shov
Red
Canv
Geese light
Geese dark
Back for more
hunter

Postby jayclarkie » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:06 am

right up there with letting kids shoot deer during the rut with a rifle, imho.
Sorry folks, park's closed...
jayclarkie
hunter

Postby Blackfoot Inc » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:20 pm

I'm all about youth hunters learning this sport the correct way. My problem is how many adults will be shooting as well, and when, not if, this happens what kind of example does that set for youth hunters.
Blackfoot Inc
hunter

Postby bandgitter91 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:17 pm

Ya i know, teach them and let them learn, sad part is alot of people will shoot for the kids.. Just leaves us with more hunters that do not respect the wildlife or the right of others when they grow older. All we can do is make sure we do the right thing and go from there.. Another question is anybody else having issues with people shooting extremely early??? Went to la joya the past two weekends and had a group the two times i went out shooting 20min. before the 30min. early time. I know some people pull the trigger a few minutes early and it sucks that they couldn't wait, but 20min. early is kind of ridiculous.
bandgitter91
hunter

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting