Just wondering

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: randy marci, ghostingrey, quackadikt

Just wondering

Postby frogskins01 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:24 am

What is everyone's opinion on duck hunting like what is the point of it all? I just wanted to see if people really know? 90% of the people I see out there don't really understand the point of duck hunting... I how this makes sense
frogskins01
hunter

Re: Just wondering

Postby PeterJarmo » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:48 am

Not really sure what you mean by "opinion of" or "point of" duck hunting. Statistically, I probably fall into your 90% of ppl who apparently "don't really understand the point of duck hunting."

Personally I like to duck hunt because: I enjoy the challenge of cooking/preparing wild game meat. I enjoy being out in the bosque and watching the world 'wake up.' I also enjoy the challenge of wingshooting.

I think there's as many reasons to go duck hunting as there are duck hunters, to say that 90% of those folks don't understand is near sighted in my opinion. Just because they don't go for the same reasons you do doesn't mean theyre wrong, just that they're different, and difference is what makes things interesting... Just my two cents...
PeterJarmo
hunter

Postby jrabq » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:49 am

Simple answer; duck hunting is about having fun. Whys is it fun? Harder to answer, but I don't spend a lot of time trying to figure that one out.

Have fun out there :beer:
JR
jrabq
hunter

Postby frogskins01 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:28 pm

I meant like the objective of it aren't you supposed to trick the ducks into thinking your a group of ducks
frogskins01
hunter

Postby jayclarkie » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:53 pm

I'd say that's more of a strategy...if you're jump shooting, or pass shooting, then it's all about the element of surprise.
Sorry folks, park's closed...
jayclarkie
hunter

Postby frogskins01 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:11 pm

Well never mind I meant like decoys calls that kind of hunting but never mind it was a stupid topic
frogskins01
hunter

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting