dove season

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: quackadikt, randy marci, ghostingrey

dove season

Postby duckahlr » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:42 pm

I know this might be a little early. But this will be my last season here in NM. I did fairly well on everything last season, but dove. i've got a case of shells I need to shoot this dove season...would anyone want to let me in on a good dove spot? Nothing specific just a good area to scout . Thanks
duckahlr
hunter

Postby Ex-Cajun » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:42 pm

Hey Ducky,
We found a good area last year and did real well one day. It's kinda far to go for such a small bird, but we really cleaned house real quick. Down south between Belen and Socorro at highway 60 East, there is BLM land down that road. Check with the BLM maps to get the exact location, but we went down there to hunt quail last year and ran into the doves. The hunt lasted about an hour! Get a few buddies together to pitch in for gas one day and head down there. Haven't been down there since so I don't know how it will be this year, but by the looks of things, I'm seeing dove everywhere around Placitas to Albuquerque!
Ex-Cajun
hunter

Postby duckahlr » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:10 am

Wow that is a far drive!!!
duckahlr
hunter

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting