Jon boat for sale

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: randy marci, quackadikt, ghostingrey

Jon boat for sale

Postby quackadikt » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:12 pm

I've got a 14' Alumacraft Crappi Jon for sale. I believe that it's a 1996 model. I took all the carpet out and sprayed in bedliner. Boat is in perfect shape...no leaks or hooks in the hull. Boat has a flat floor.

Comes with a 5hp Briggs & Stratton air-cooled outboard. Doesn't plane the boat out, and it's slow, but it cranks up everytime and runs like a top.

Here is the layout from Alumacraft's page(it's the Crappie Jon, not the Crappie DLX)
http://alumacraft.com/boats/mod-v/cr...pe=2&layout=11

Asking $950obo for BMT, and $700 for just the boat and trailer. Located in Las Cruces.
"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold
quackadikt
State Moderator

Location: The Irrirgation Canal formerly known as the Rio Grande

Re: Jon boat for sale

Postby quackadikt » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:14 pm

These pictures are from last year, but it looks the same(I put the seat back on the rear pedestal). I pulled the pinstripe off because I was going to paint it, but ended up getting a different rig, so I never painted it. If anyone wants some more pictures, just let me know.

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold
quackadikt
State Moderator

Postby quackadikt » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:11 pm

This thing has been certified a duck hearse...it may have the same affect on fish.

Surely somebody needs a boat.
quackadikt
State Moderator

Postby STICKLER » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:35 pm

You mean to tell me nobody wants to buy this POS! Hehe...just kidding quack. This boat would be perfect for a newb or veteran. I hunted from a setup very similar to this one many years and left some darn good blood stains in it too.
Carpe Diem
STICKLER
hunter

Postby quackadikt » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:35 pm

If you can help me sell it, you can call it whatever you want. I just need it gone.
quackadikt
State Moderator

Postby quackadikt » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:05 pm

Would also consider trades for guns. Especially an AR.
quackadikt
State Moderator

Postby STICKLER » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:36 pm

One of the things I like is the air cooled motor vs. using a water cooled. You should be able to get the prop in a little mud without any damages to the cooling system. Can you elaborate on this quackadikt?
Carpe Diem
STICKLER
hunter

Postby quackadikt » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:17 pm

Yup. No intake to worry about clogging. I ran it on the back of my "old-school" metal framed Coleman Scanoe this year before I got my new rig, and it would run pretty dang shallow. It won't go through mud like a mud motor obviously, but you don't really have to worry about much with these little motors. It's a Briggs 5hp vertical shaft engine. Any lawnmower shop could fix whatever you found a way to tear up.
quackadikt
State Moderator

Postby quackadikt » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:20 pm

Another possible trade/partial trade I'd entertain is for a sneak boat/layout style boat.
quackadikt
State Moderator

Postby quackadikt » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:17 pm

Just an FYI, here's a damn nice little motor that would scoot my boat along real nice(low 20s). For $2500, you'd have a sweet little rig.

http://elpaso.en.craigslist.org/boa/4306212230.html
quackadikt
State Moderator

Postby quackadikt » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:57 am

$900 for BMT
quackadikt
State Moderator

Postby quackadikt » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:54 pm

$850 BMT, $600 boat & trailer.
quackadikt
State Moderator

Postby jrabq » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:42 pm

Sounds like a good deal, if I didn't already have my own fleet of ugly boats I'd be all over that.
jrabq
hunter

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting