new mexico duck hunting

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: randy marci, quackadikt, ghostingrey

new mexico duck hunting

Postby dcoynut » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:54 pm

I might be moving to Los Lunas, NM in the near future and I was wondering if any one could let me know how the duck hunting was there. I'm not looking for anyones honey holes I was just wanting to make sure I was still going to be able to do what I love. Are their many public areas to hunt or do I need to go private any help would be great. Thanks
dcoynut
hunter

nm duck hunting

Postby cjc » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:10 am

You're in luck! The Rio Grande runs through the middle of Los Lunas and there are many spots to set up some decoys on the river. About a 45 min drive south of Los Lunas is a place called Bernardo. This has a waterfowl management area with a ton of ponds, and best of all it has ducks up the wahoo! You'll have to go to Wal-mart sporting goods and get a waterfowl proclamation book (it's free) because bernardo has different areas open different days of the week, and this book tells you where and when to go. Good Luck
cjc
hunter

Postby dcoynut » Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:41 pm

Thanks that is great info...........It makes me feel alot better about moving......At least my decoys won't gather dust....
dcoynut
hunter

Postby 30 caliber » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:29 pm

:welcome: Bernardo can get pretty crowded. If you go a little farther south, you can go to La Joya state game refuge. You can also set up along the river. Good luck. :thumbsup:
30 caliber
hunter

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting