Really APD?

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: randy marci, ghostingrey, quackadikt

Really APD?

Postby quackadikt » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:28 am

This crap is beyond out of hand. This was a murder, plain and simple.

Article
http://krqe.com/2014/03/21/apd-officer- ... justified/

Video
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/v ... -1.1731764
"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold
quackadikt
State Moderator

Location: The Irrirgation Canal formerly known as the Rio Grande

Re: Really APD?

Postby Back for more » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:21 pm

I don't "Monday morning quarterback " officers for one simple reason.

I wasn't there , I don't know what took place . A video will not explain everything .
In my opinion I think deadly force was justified just prior to the shots. When it appeared he was polishing with the knives and not responding to commands.THAT IS JUST MY THOUGHT.

I would keep that in mind , and if you can do a better job , by all means do .you might be a good officer.
"When the tires hit the mud , it will right the wrongs"

Why do I shoot 3.5" shells for ducks and geese ? Because they don't make 4" yet
Back for more
hunter

Postby quackadikt » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:57 pm

If they really had nothing better to do than arrest this dude, they could have used a tazer or bean-bagged him BEFORE they shot him. He was picking up his things to go with them when they set off the flash-bang and let the dogs loose. They didn't shoot him until he had turned BACK around to pick up his bags again, after the dog came after him. This was a murder, plain and simple.

I know there's always more to it than the footage that we get to see, but that was all I needed to see for this one. And anyone with half a brain would need no reason to see the rest of the footage either. There was zero reason to kill that guy. Period.

The other thing that really sets me off is that if a soldier was to do this in a WAR ZONE(not just the outskirts of ABQ), they would be tried for murder and most likely found guilt. If the po-po does it, we just put them on administrative leave for a while and still send them a check.

But hey, at least the cops got to go home safe that night, right?
"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold
quackadikt
State Moderator

Postby Back for more » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:09 pm

If you read the link you posted or watched the news.it states they used tazer and bean bag.

Therefore adding a canine and flashbang they used four non lethal tactics prior to lethal.

Officers are bad because we have family that we want to go home to ?

Knives are lethal therefore lethal weapons we're utilized.

Like I said if your better , don't stand behind officers , apply and stand in front.
Last edited by Back for more on Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Back for more
hunter

Postby quackadikt » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:17 pm

I read the article and watched the video. The only time I saw a bean-bag deployed was AFTER they shot the guy in the back, because he was laying on the ground, dead, and *gasp* he still had a pocket knife in his hand.

I never saw a tazer deployed in that video, did you?
quackadikt
State Moderator

Postby Back for more » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:26 pm

Didn't see the WHOLE VIDEO . Did you ?

I'm sure waking up that morning they said , hey let's go find

a homeless guy and shoot him ?

Back for more
hunter

Postby quackadikt » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:33 pm

So you're going to try to say that they did taze him, but couldn't subdue him after the tazing? :no: . C'mon man, are you seriosuly going to take up for your "brothers" here for murdering someone?

4 or 5 cops couldn't handle a fat homeless dude with a pocket kife without killing him? And not even killing him in self-defense. They shot him in the back.
quackadikt
State Moderator

Postby Back for more » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:39 pm

Hypothetically .....go have someone point a gun at your face , then turn away instantly as you pull the trigger to defend yourself.

You hit him in the back , are you a murderer ?

Back for more
hunter

Postby quackadikt » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:58 pm

In my eyes, no. In the eyes of this liberal state we live in, if someone breaks into my house in the middle of the night and I shoot him as he's turned around and walking out the door, then yes I am (I love not having a Castle Doctrine to protect my right to defend myself and/or my property).

This guy didn't draw down on anyone, hypothetically or otherwise. He had a pocket knife.
quackadikt
State Moderator

Postby Back for more » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:09 pm

Hypothetically....... Stab yourself in the heart , then shoot yourself in the heart.

Will they both kill you ?

Aren't blades sharp ? Remember archery hunting ? Do archers need a gun to kill a deer ?

Knives are a leathal weapon

Back for more
hunter

Postby quackadikt » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:17 pm

Doesn't really surprise me that you're one of "them".
quackadikt
State Moderator

Postby Back for more » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:30 pm

Because I've seen people that were killed by a POCKETKNIFE?

I agree the timing was off . He should have been shot before he turned away . When he had the knife and closed distance in an aggressive manner.

Like I said let's see you man . Go put yourself in that predicament. You will never know until it's you that are in that moment.

Proud to be one of them .

Nothing like making little money to put yourself in danger to protect others. Being subject to public scrutiny and putting your life on the line for people who will only scrutinize you. Love it , I really do.

Back for more
hunter

Postby quackadikt » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:34 pm

I'd rather not surround myself with the likes of people that normally call themselves cops these days.

If they hadn't rambo'd up and thrown that flashbang and sent the dog for no reason, the guy wouldn't be dead. Surely there are a lot more pressing issues in ABQ than hassling a bum sleeping in the mountains to begin with.
quackadikt
State Moderator

Postby Back for more » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:38 pm

quackadikt wrote:
If they hadn't rambo'd up and thrown that flashbang and sent the dog for no reason, the guy wouldn't be dead. Surely there are a lot more pressing issues in ABQ than hassling a bum sleeping in the mountains to begin with.

Armchair quarterback. Show the world how it's done

Back for more
hunter

Postby quackadikt » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:41 pm

:thumbsup: It's not done by shooting a bum with a pocket knife, I can tell you that.
quackadikt
State Moderator

Postby Back for more » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:44 pm

So the problem is that he was homeless person or because a pocketknife.

Back for more
hunter

Postby quackadikt » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:51 pm

The problem is that he was murdered for no reason. It wouldn't matter if he had been a homeless bum with a pocketknife or Bill Gates taking a stroll in the Sandias. The dude did nothing to warrant being shot. He was getting his bags to walk down with them when they escalated the situation.

If someone would have thrown a flash-bang and turned an attack dog loose on me for no reason, I would have grabbed my knife to and gone into defense mode.
quackadikt
State Moderator

Postby quackadikt » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:01 pm

Back for more wrote:Nothing like making little money to put yourself in danger to protect others. Being subject to public scrutiny and putting your life on the line for people who will only scrutinize you. Love it , I really do.

I missed this little gem.

They were really putting their lives on the line and protecting the people of ABQ from this child molesting, gang-banging, rapist...
quackadikt
State Moderator

Postby Back for more » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:03 pm

Guess I was the only one that heard the guys past charges ? What a saint ?

Back for more
hunter

Postby quackadikt » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:08 pm

I'm sure they knew who he was before they shot him and ran his name. :rolleyes:

If you honestly believe that he needed to die the way he did, you need help.
quackadikt
State Moderator

Postby Back for more » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:25 pm

Nobody needs to die that way . Nobody needs to arm themselves with a knife when engaged with law enforcement either.

I'll end my opinions here. You might wonder how many liberal traits you have .

Back for more
hunter

Postby quackadikt » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:34 pm

:lol3: Now I'm a liberal because I have a problem with police using excessive force and becoming militarized at an alarming rate. Maybe you should read up on liberal tendencies a bit while you're waiting to write your next seatbelt ticket.

To serve and protect...

Nazi Germany this ain't...yet.
quackadikt
State Moderator

Postby Splatt » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:34 am

They murdered the guy.
His back was to them, a dog was between the closest "cop" and him, no tazer, just an excuse to get another notch on their guns.
They knew he wasn't all there mentally, so when he dropped all his stuff, they should haveknown a person like that, freaks when his stuff is not in his control and tries to keep it close. I even know this and am not a "professional.
The flash bang may have disoriented him even more?
They murdered the homeless guy, plain and simple.
Did they offer a smoke before he faced the firing squad?
No blind fold either.
Wonder who administered the coup de grace?

Ew, big bad po po shot a homeless man with pocket knives. Where the blades even deployed? or still closed?

Makes us all feel safe, if we get pulled over going duck hunting and a po po sees the shotgun we are not gonna get shot, huh!
Splatt
hunter

Postby Back for more » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:30 am

So, I am posting these graphic photographs of a police officer, all cut up. They remind us that it’s not “just a knife.”

We all hope we will never have to fire a weapon other than in recreation or training. Part of the dread is the fear of likelihood of arrest and civil litigation, no matter how justified the shooting. Just read the comments under the news stories of the recent LAPD shooting of a knife-wielding attacker. Here’s one of your jurors, incensed that the policeman defending himself shot the man armed “only” with a knife: “How come they couldn’t shoot him in the leg or arm? Why do they fire 2 rounds instead of trying to disable him. It was a knife not a gun. Shame on LAPD.”
Attachments
knife 3.jpg
knife 3.jpg (5.24 KiB) Viewed 679 times
knife 2.jpg
knife 2.jpg (3.84 KiB) Viewed 679 times
knife 1.jpg
knife 1.jpg (4.97 KiB) Viewed 679 times

Back for more
hunter

Postby quackadikt » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:35 am

You're really not wanting to hear what I was saying.

I never said a pocket knife wasn't dangerous, hell a ball-point pen can be dangerous. The officers were well out of arms reach, which means the knife posed no threat.

That dude posed no threat when he was shot.

Again, no tazer was fired during that video. And if one WAS fired before the footage, why in the hell weren't they able to cuff him when he was incapacitated from the tazer?

He didn't need to be killed, plain and simple.

You've obviously ingested enough of the kool-aid that you can't see that though.
quackadikt
State Moderator

Next

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting