Really APD?

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: quackadikt, randy marci, ghostingrey

Re: Really APD?

Postby Back for more » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:47 am

quackadikt wrote:4 or 5 cops couldn't handle a fat homeless dude with a pocket kife without killing him?


possibly where I got the idea that you meant "just a knife ".

If he has a knife they don't need to "handle him " but instead use deadly force.I understand everyone has their own opinion and that's ok. I'm not saying your wrong , Department of justice will determine justified or not. I agreed the timing was a little off but do you know how the amount of force justified is determined ? If he had been shot prior to turning around , when he was armed would it be "ok"? I put no stock in the news but when the chief of APD says that a tazer was utilized I imagine he would have a reason to say that ??

I just hate the way you talk. Trying to give all officers a bad reputation because you don't agree with this shooting. That BS man, look at the pictures again......officers putting themselves in harms way to protect people such as yourself and this is how you show gratitude ? by bad mouthing " officers these days "?


AND splatt , the point of a flashbang is basically to disorient . ????
"When the tires hit the mud , it will right the wrongs"

Why do I shoot 3.5" shells for ducks and geese ? Because they don't make 4" yet
Back for more
hunter
 
Posts: 610
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:13 pm
Location: land of entrapment


Re: Really APD?

Postby quackadikt » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:20 am

I'm not saying the COP was lying when he said a tazer was used, but I would like to know when it was used and why it wasn't effective.

We're just going to have to agree to disagree.

Nothing is going to change my mind that this was anything other than murder, and you're obviously not budging on your opinion.
"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold
User avatar
quackadikt
State Moderator
 
Posts: 678
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:06 am
Location: The Irrirgation Canal formerly known as the Rio Grande

Re: Really APD?

Postby Back for more » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:27 am

I would like to know about the tazer as well . Maybe it didn't work?

Wish I was that lucky . When I got certified I hit the deck and flopped like a fish :oops:
"When the tires hit the mud , it will right the wrongs"

Why do I shoot 3.5" shells for ducks and geese ? Because they don't make 4" yet
Back for more
hunter
 
Posts: 610
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:13 pm
Location: land of entrapment

Re: Really APD?

Postby jayclarkie » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:30 am

Back for more wrote:I hit the deck and flopped like a fish :oops:


that's happened to me, but it was back in college... :beer:
Sorry folks, park's closed...
User avatar
jayclarkie
hunter
 
Posts: 368
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:31 am
Location: 505

Re: Really APD?

Postby quackadikt » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:38 am

Yea, when it can cause a bull to do this , I wonder about what happened.
"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold
User avatar
quackadikt
State Moderator
 
Posts: 678
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:06 am
Location: The Irrirgation Canal formerly known as the Rio Grande

Re: Really APD?

Postby Back for more » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:44 am

Ha , pbr bullfighters should carry tazers
"When the tires hit the mud , it will right the wrongs"

Why do I shoot 3.5" shells for ducks and geese ? Because they don't make 4" yet
Back for more
hunter
 
Posts: 610
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:13 pm
Location: land of entrapment

Re: Really APD?

Postby jayclarkie » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:40 pm

it was more like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjkSyYOKTmo

but that was many moons ago.
Sorry folks, park's closed...
User avatar
jayclarkie
hunter
 
Posts: 368
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:31 am
Location: 505

Re: Really APD?

Postby Splatt » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:00 pm

Dude,
trust me. That guy in the pics got off easy.
Military trained me well on how to use a knife.
There is such a thing as the 21' rule.

I have also ridden the lightning. You ain't gettin up after the first zap, and your still connect for subsequent jolts.

They murdered him plain and simple.
You ain't gonna defend them successfully.
I've been many places, and done many things.
Never did I shoot someone in the back or was disoriented, making what may be misconsrued movements.

Trigger happy, above the law thinking, I got a badge and a gun, thugs.
PERIOD.
Splatt
hunter
 
Posts: 284
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:26 am
Location: Aztec, NM.

Re: Really APD?

Postby Splatt » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:20 pm

And to further this.
I need no cops in my life.
oh. Yeah I do. To pull me over at 4:30 in the morning on my way duck hunting to tell me the reflective finish on my plate is fading off.
Yeah.... ohkay. ...
Oh Yeah. Hello 911, there is someone in my house with a pipe in his hand, could you please send a cop over?
yes sir, someone will be( thump, thump, thump) there shortly..... Hello? Sir?? mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....click....

Yeah. Protecting me. Putting themselves in harms way.....

Keep going with your imaginary, self, horn tooting.

Homeless man, illegally camping...

Attention all units, we have a mentally disturb man, with no job, no money, no nothing in life, illegally camping.
Lock and load, and execute on sight. He's a menace to the populace.
Splatt
hunter
 
Posts: 284
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:26 am
Location: Aztec, NM.

Re: Really APD?

Postby Back for more » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:30 pm

There's a reason they enforce laws and you don't. What is consider crime is not determined by you . Hell why waste department of justice time ???? Your an expert.

Another complaint from someone who doesn't attempt to help.if your Mr . Awesome ....show the world how it's done.

That's the problem .....armchair quarterbacks.

Like QA said , we'll just agree to disagree
"When the tires hit the mud , it will right the wrongs"

Why do I shoot 3.5" shells for ducks and geese ? Because they don't make 4" yet
Back for more
hunter
 
Posts: 610
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:13 pm
Location: land of entrapment

Re: Really APD?

Postby Splatt » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:32 pm

Not hardly an armchair warrior.
Guess my years of service in real combat theatres, getting shot and blown up by real bad guys doesn't count.
Next time you have belt feds, rpg,'s, grenades, and such, used against you, let us know.
Those are real bad guys, not an all not there, homeless man.
Splatt
hunter
 
Posts: 284
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:26 am
Location: Aztec, NM.

Re: Really APD?

Postby wanapasaki » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:41 pm

Yeah, that escalation wheel was definitely jumped. Sad to see this kind of stuff. I was confused by all of the orders that the officers were shouting That was their first mistake. Lots of cops out there, quick to trigger :no:
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
User avatar
wanapasaki
hunter
 
Posts: 2472
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Tehachapi, CA

Re: Really APD?

Postby quackadikt » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:48 pm

Splatt wrote:Next time you have belt feds, rpg,'s, grenades, and such, used against you, let us know.
Those are real bad guys, not an all not there, homeless man.


Right on.

This isn't a war zone. The miltarization of police forces needs to pump the brakes a bit.
"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold
User avatar
quackadikt
State Moderator
 
Posts: 678
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:06 am
Location: The Irrirgation Canal formerly known as the Rio Grande

Re: Really APD?

Postby Back for more » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:52 pm

Ya splatt and I do appreciate you for defending .

Now if someone came on here talking crap about people that held the same title as you and included you ? You like stereotyping ?

You would be a pushover and put yourself in that category ? No I haven't seen what you have and you haven't seen what I have
"When the tires hit the mud , it will right the wrongs"

Why do I shoot 3.5" shells for ducks and geese ? Because they don't make 4" yet
Back for more
hunter
 
Posts: 610
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:13 pm
Location: land of entrapment

Re: Really APD?

Postby quackadikt » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:03 pm

Back for more wrote:Now if someone came on here talking crap about people that held the same title as you and included you ?


I never lumped you in with them until you said that the shooting was justified. I was kind of hoping that you would have been the kind of guy to not look at this through rose colored glasses. I'm also not sterotyping anyone.

If I was doing that, I would have called them worthless donught-eating, dog-shooting, seatbelt-ticket-writing turd munchers. But I didn't :D

My issues come from 1)how militarized police forces are now 2)people being held accountable for their actions 3)the frequency in which these kind of things are happening these days 4)the growing sense of "above the law and screw your rights" mentality that seems to be on the rise by the boys in blue.
"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold
User avatar
quackadikt
State Moderator
 
Posts: 678
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:06 am
Location: The Irrirgation Canal formerly known as the Rio Grande

Re: Really APD?

Postby wanapasaki » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:09 pm

quackadikt wrote:
Back for more wrote:Now if someone came on here talking crap about people that held the same title as you and included you ?


I never lumped you in with them until you said that the shooting was justified. I was kind of hoping that you would have been the kind of guy to not look at this through rose colored glasses. I'm also not sterotyping anyone.

If I was doing that, I would have called them worthless donught-eating, dog-shooting, seatbelt-ticket-writing turd munchers. But I didn't :D

My issues come from 1)how militarized police forces are now 2)people being held accountable for their actions 3)the frequency in which these kind of things are happening these days 4)the growing sense of "above the law and screw your rights" mentality that seems to be on the rise by the boys in blue.


I agree quack These law enforcement officers need to be held accountable. Holding someone accountable for their actions is not stereotyping. God forbid that someday any of us or our children could be camping, and enjoying a drink or two an approached by law enforcement whom could possibly over react... Tell you what.. The day something like that happens to a family member of mine, it going to be a bad day for others...
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
User avatar
wanapasaki
hunter
 
Posts: 2472
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Tehachapi, CA

Re: Really APD?

Postby Back for more » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:12 pm

Militarized police ? Do you know a ton of officers are ex military?

Because shootings are happening more often ? Because police control people shooting up schools and bombings ?
Know how many people are in abq ? Not possible any of them have problems right ? All shootings are brought on by police right ?
"When the tires hit the mud , it will right the wrongs"

Why do I shoot 3.5" shells for ducks and geese ? Because they don't make 4" yet
Back for more
hunter
 
Posts: 610
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:13 pm
Location: land of entrapment

Re: Really APD?

Postby wanapasaki » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:13 pm

Back for more wrote:Militarized police ? Do you know a ton of officers are ex military?

Because shootings are happening more often ? Because police control people shooting up schools and bombings ?
Know how many people are in abq ? Not possible any of them have problems right ? All shootings are brought on by police right ?



No one ever said all shooting are brought on by police officers? Where are you coming up with that? :huh:
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
User avatar
wanapasaki
hunter
 
Posts: 2472
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Tehachapi, CA

Re: Really APD?

Postby Back for more » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:16 pm

And would your children arm themselves with a knife at the sight of law enforcement ? I would think not

Make sure if someone threatens you with a knife , go ahead and play patty cake. Hell read a book, cook him dinner, hold hands etc.
"When the tires hit the mud , it will right the wrongs"

Why do I shoot 3.5" shells for ducks and geese ? Because they don't make 4" yet
Back for more
hunter
 
Posts: 610
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:13 pm
Location: land of entrapment

Re: Really APD?

Postby Back for more » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:18 pm

Qa , you say the frequency of shootings these days. Who is causing the onslot?

You honestly think if he never brandished a knife , he would have been shot ?
"When the tires hit the mud , it will right the wrongs"

Why do I shoot 3.5" shells for ducks and geese ? Because they don't make 4" yet
Back for more
hunter
 
Posts: 610
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:13 pm
Location: land of entrapment

Re: Really APD?

Postby quackadikt » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:22 pm

ilitarized police ? Do you know a ton of officers are ex military?

Because shootings are happening more often ? Because police control people shooting up schools and bombings ?
Know how many people are in abq ? Not possible any of them have problems right ? All shootings are brought on by police right ?


And as bad as this sounds, that's part of the issue BFM. A police force IS NOT the military, and serving as a PO is NOT THE SAME as being a soldier in a war zone. Civilians aren't enemies. Period. Dot. What part of that do you not understand?

As to the happening more part, I mean the cops shooting people/dogs when a bullet isn't needed or because they over-reacted and blew their loads early. I don't know what kind of crazyy sauce you're on to come up with some of that stuff from what I've typed.

Now let's see how far you can twist my words.
"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold
User avatar
quackadikt
State Moderator
 
Posts: 678
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:06 am
Location: The Irrirgation Canal formerly known as the Rio Grande

Re: Really APD?

Postby wanapasaki » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:22 pm

Back for more wrote:And would your children arm themselves with a knife at the sight of law enforcement ? I would think not

Make sure if someone threatens you with a knife , go ahead and play patty cake. Hell read a book, cook him dinner, hold hands etc.



First off the guy was more than 10 feet away from the officers. What did they think they were nun chucks? The dog wasn't threatened. He was chewing on a backpack. You hit some with a tazer, and those knives and the suspect are going down. They over reacted plain and simple. I know you're defending them cu your probably law enforcement. Guess what? I have a crap ton of family in the military and law enforcement. Hell, my uncle is Bill Brown.. But everyone needs to be held accountable, especially violating escalation procedures...
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
User avatar
wanapasaki
hunter
 
Posts: 2472
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Tehachapi, CA

Re: Really APD?

Postby Splatt » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:26 pm

I didn't include you or very good friends who are le.

And not knowing me, or the units I was with, or where we were, nor what we did.
I could either puff my chest out, and say yep, we did good, killin those that needed killin, or bow my head and say yep, there were some who went a bit too wild, and did things not right.

Ill tell straight up, I couldn't be a cop. I am not the type to deal with stupidity, nor someone in my face.
It wouldn't end well.

I commend you on your service to keep the sheeple safe from predators.
The military attitude has no place in civilian life.
I would love to see officer smith walking his beat, twirling his night stick, topping his hat to the ladies, saying hello to everyone, knowing the people of his beat. Those days are gone forever.
Why?
Because little johnny smith was picked on in school, became a cop, and has a chip on his shoulder, to spread "law and order" on to everyone else.

Never mind... It'll do no good to try and get you to see how we see cops.

Saw a funny though...
APD = Another Person Dead
Splatt
hunter
 
Posts: 284
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:26 am
Location: Aztec, NM.

Re: Really APD?

Postby wanapasaki » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:30 pm

Splatt wrote:I didn't include you or very good friends who are le.

And not knowing me, or the units I was with, or where we were, nor what we did.
I could either puff my chest out, and say yep, we did good, killin those that needed killin, or bow my head and say yep, there were some who went a bit too wild, and did things not right.

Ill tell straight up, I couldn't be a cop. I am not the type to deal with stupidity, nor someone in my face.
It wouldn't end well.

I commend you on your service to keep the sheeple safe from predators.
The military attitude has no place in civilian life.
I would love to see officer smith walking his beat, twirling his night stick, topping his hat to the ladies, saying hello to everyone, knowing the people of his beat. Those days are gone forever.
Why?
Because little johnny smith was picked on in school, became a cop, and has a chip on his shoulder, to spread "law and order" on to everyone else.

Never mind... It'll do no good to try and get you to see how we see cops.

Saw a funny though...
APD = Another Person Dead


:beer:
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
User avatar
wanapasaki
hunter
 
Posts: 2472
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Tehachapi, CA

Re: Really APD?

Postby Back for more » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:31 pm

Ok here we go.

As mentioned by splatt. The 21foot drill , within 21 feet an armed subject can reach you weather you put two in his chest or not. Called the tueller drill . Look it up .

He was armed with a knife (knives are classified as a deadly weapon) there is a thing called the rcm that NM uses to justify use of force (look it up ).an officer doesn't have to use a tazer (non lethal) against a knife ( lethal)
"When the tires hit the mud , it will right the wrongs"

Why do I shoot 3.5" shells for ducks and geese ? Because they don't make 4" yet
Back for more
hunter
 
Posts: 610
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:13 pm
Location: land of entrapment

PreviousNext

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests