Golf Courses Good Indication of New Birds

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: randy marci, quackadikt, ghostingrey

Golf Courses Good Indication of New Birds

Postby lindschesapeake » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:59 am

Watching the skies over the past few weeks I've seen a good increase in birds coming into the ponds at the Golf Course near my house. Two big groups of birds, 200 or so and mostly mallards, came over yesterday at about 3pm. Too bad but I don't think we will get much of a much of a Golf Course migration this year. That is when the local Golf Course ponds freeze and the birds head to open water. Some folks think they are new birds coming in but they've been around for a while. Now the Jet needs to take a good dip.

Midwest hunting, Kansas, Nebraska around Valentine, has been really fantastic and fields in eastern New Mexico has been a real kick. Western NM by Bluewater fair some big boys to be had if you get permission to hunt. Haven't been back to the NW so not sure whats up there. A lot of jump shooting if that is your cup of tea and plenty of Quail for this coming season.

Just one of those years where it takes a little more effort. But got the old Larson back up with a Yamaha 40 so I should get into trouble again.

Oh, Texas Hunters are even more spolied than us. Hunting around Ft. Worth on the lakes - start at above 60F with limits of Blue Bills in the bag and having breakfast at the local cafe at 9:30am.
lindschesapeake
hunter

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting