mrgcd regs

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: ghostingrey, randy marci, quackadikt

mrgcd regs

Postby t-guy » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:17 pm

Hello all,
I'm somewhat new to the area around Albuquerque. I was hoping get some info around me to hunt. I've read on other forums about hunting around los lunas area. I was wondering if anyone knew what the regs are for that area. I'M NOT HERE TO STEAL ANYONE SPOT! I'm sure everyone has heard that before. I'm aware of limited duck hunting is in NM so I'm not here to steal.
t-guy
Newb

Re: mrgcd regs

Postby quackadikt » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:14 pm

Probably not going to get much out of anyone, so I'd call the office and talk to them.
"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold
quackadikt
State Moderator

Location: The Irrirgation Canal formerly known as the Rio Grande

Postby t-guy » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:11 pm

Thanks for the reply.
t-guy
Newb

Postby Back for more » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:26 pm

regs as far as what ? you buy a ditch key and have access to the bosque . you can hunt the river anywhere in Valencia county.

No worries about stealing spots . We in New Mexico have a lot more places to hunt than you think. This little desert is pretty good for duck hunting :thumbsup:

I would love you give you some spots in Los Lunas , :thumbsup: I've turned a new leaf . Obviously I don't hunt public land there.
"When the tires hit the mud , it will right the wrongs"

Why do I shoot 3.5" shells for ducks and geese ? Because they don't make 4" yet
Back for more
hunter

Postby quackadikt » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:40 pm

Back for more wrote:regs as far as what ? you buy a ditch key and have access to the bosque . you can hunt the river anywhere in Valencia county.

No worries about stealing spots . We in New Mexico have a lot more places to hunt than you think. This little desert is pretty good for duck hunting :thumbsup:
I would love you give you some spots in Los Lunas , :thumbsup: I've turned a new leaf . Obviously I don't hunt public land there.

Poppycock...there's no ducks in the desert.
"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold
quackadikt
State Moderator

Location: The Irrirgation Canal formerly known as the Rio Grande

Postby t-guy » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:48 pm

Back for more wrote:regs as far as what ? you buy a ditch key and have access to the bosque . you can hunt the river anywhere in Valencia county.

I got the info I need from NMGF. Thanks for your reply though. Your right, there are places to hunt. I'm still exploring.
t-guy
Newb

Postby Back for more » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:41 pm

Alright man shoot me a pm if you need any further help :hi:
"When the tires hit the mud , it will right the wrongs"

Why do I shoot 3.5" shells for ducks and geese ? Because they don't make 4" yet
Back for more
hunter

Postby Splatt » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:47 pm

No birds up here in the NW corner.....