ABQ Kennels?

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: randy marci, quackadikt, ghostingrey

ABQ Kennels?

Postby ghostingrey » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:04 pm

I'm gonna be out of town for about 5 days over Christmas and need to put the dog up in a kennel. Not really excited about it but I don't really have a choice. Does anyone have firsthand experience with a reputable kennel or petsitter in Albuquerque? I'd rather pay a little extra for a quality operation than try to save a few bucks and put her in a dump. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks
ghostingrey
State Moderator

Postby 30 caliber » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:51 pm

Hey ghost- the grandmas would be happy to watch Dixie for you. Give us a call (you have the number still?). :smile:
30 caliber
hunter

Postby ghostingrey » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:31 am

Hi Mary,
Thanks for the offer, much appreciated. A good friend of mine with a dog is sticking around for Xmas and agreed to watch the pup. She's growing up fast and coming along well with basic obedience and puppy marks. By the way I need to bring your kennel back. Sorry it's taken so long, I haven't been to ABQ since I saw you. Any chance you'll be around the 26th? I fly back in around 12:30 and could swing by on my way home.
ghostingrey
State Moderator

Postby 30 caliber » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:25 pm

Hi, glad to hear that you have a solution. Keep us in mind if you ever need someone to watch her. It sounds like Dixie is coming along well. Swing by on the 26th. I might be out huntin', but Tina will be home to accept the crate. Merry Christmas!
30 caliber
hunter

Postby vlb » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:46 pm

If you want to board your dogs the Kanine Country Club is suppose to be very good. I just thought about my vet that always wants my Lab to get some kind of kennel vaccine. Have any of you had your dog given this vaccine?
vlb
hunter

Postby verno_13th » Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:16 am

deleted
Last edited by verno_13th on Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
verno_13th
hunter

Postby 30 caliber » Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:19 pm

:thumbsup: Verno is correct. The bordatella vaccine comes in two forms. One is an injectable product that is injected under the skin just like your dog's other innoculations. The other is in the form of nose drops. The nose drop form probably kicks in a little faster, but both forms are equally effective. The initial series should be: the first vaccination, then a booster 2 to 3 weeks later. Yearly boosters should be given after that. If you take your dog anywhere where other dogs go (dog park, groomer, boarding kennel, obdience class or hunt tests) you should consider getting the vaccination.
30 caliber
hunter

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting