ice hunt

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: quackadikt, randy marci, ghostingrey

ice hunt

Postby randy marci » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:06 pm

got out today with fellow fuger, duckahler, and put the screws to 'em. got to barney land and had ice city........didn't matter much, we were prepared. we drug out 6 and 1/2 dozen fullbody ghg duck dekes and set the spread. it looked killer. all the ducks musta been out to feed. about 10 or so here they come back. we had no open water, but it didn't matter. the only disheartening part was the fact there were little to no mallards. within about an hour or so we had our 12th duck. we ended the day with 3 teal, 4 wigeon, 4 gadwall, and 1 mallard. it was a spectacular day afield shared with a great friend. the sunrise itself was worth the price of admission this morning. didn't bring a camera but did have my camera phone back at duckahler's escalade. sorry for the low quality. hope everyone else got out there and enjoyed it also.

randy marci
State Moderator

Postby DOE » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:59 pm

Great pics both of you. Even with a cell phone camera, it came out fine. We hit Bernardo today as well. Hadn't hunted there in years because of the traffic there but our Redskins fan buddy had to be home by kick off so we kept it close to home. Man how that has changed since the last time we hunted there. I think you were right. The action didn't heat up until later in the morning. I saw some guys take off early. I think they gave up too early.
DOE
hunter

Postby verno_13th » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:36 pm

deleted
Last edited by verno_13th on Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
verno_13th
hunter

Postby duckahlr » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:44 am

It was nice nice that all parties let the birds work. It was nice to get out in over a month. I've got another week or so of shooting and i'll be close to being done. i'll be heading West for those honkers hopefully. I hope everyone has a good New Years, even you lurkers.
duckahlr
hunter

Postby cjc » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:30 pm

Great hunts to you guys!
cjc
hunter

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting