Duck Hunting Forum banner

Where is everybody?

5K views 44 replies 11 participants last post by  threedogs 
#1 ·
No stories, no hunting pics, nothing??
Anybody left around here?

#2 ·
The season still isn't in yet for most of us.

#10 ·
Blackfoot Inc said:
Blackfoot Inc said:
Must be the calm before the storm...I'm guessing
Yep, I was right storm hit DHC classifieds today!!!
How's that O'l timer saying go...chickens of a feather?
I'm gonna say this one time.

Do not bring that down here to this state forum. What BFM did in a classifieds deal stays in the classifieds. It has absolutely nothing to do with the New Mexico State Forum. You wanna flame him, have at it....up in the thread in the classifieds or in General Discussion. Not here.

#11 ·
Opening day was Ok for 2 of us, finished with 6 mallards and a widge. Fair number of birds flying, but didn't get many to decoy. No late morning action today. Screwed up on one flock and should have called the shot, thought they would circle again, but left. Other than that we shot pretty good. Guys downriver from us got more shooting, and probably cost us some birds, so it goes. Spinner battery was also dead, so we had to go "old school". Camera is out in the truck so no pics. Oftentimes there is no water in the river this time of year, so getting to hunt in Oct was a bonus.

JR

#13 ·
Yeah, he is.
He said they have an enclosure like a huge batting cage and gets to go in and clean up however many birds he pays for.
Kinda strange way to shoot them?? Never heard of such a thing.
He said once you do that, then you move to a field with a big potatoe gun looking thing set up, and they put one in and you stand out aways, and they launch them, kinda like skeet shooting.

That's all kinda odd to me, but hey, he's the one paying for those birds.

#14 ·
went the first time on the 24th down here in the south. Was able to see some ducks flying, and almost called a group to the decoys, but my anxious dog (or my concealment) had them turn at the last minute. Also surprisingly some geese headed down this way. My retriever completed his first waterfowl retrieve when i got my first american coot.

#15 ·
Splatt said:
Yeah, he is.
He said they have an enclosure like a huge batting cage and gets to go in and clean up however many birds he pays for.
Kinda strange way to shoot them?? Never heard of such a thing.
He said once you do that, then you move to a field with a big potatoe gun looking thing set up, and they put one in and you stand out aways, and they launch them, kinda like skeet shooting.

That's all kinda odd to me, but hey, he's the one paying for those birds.
Smart ass...

#18 ·
Why don't you two(mostly you John), keep this BS to a PM, or phone call, or notes passed to each other in the hall way...I mean, this stuff seems like high school crap anyway.

Seriously, keep to a PM.

#23 ·
Congrats to you and the yeller dog.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.