Duck Hunting Forum banner

Anyone near Clovis?

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  FowlOasis 
#1 ·
Unfortunately I'm stationed in clovis and do a lot of driving to shoot at duckies. Anyone else around this area? We do great but the two hour+ drive is killin me! :help:

#2 ·
I'm located in Hobbs and share your pain on the drive. I really can't complain too much since it is worth the trouble most of the time. Sure beats hunting back in East Tennessee where I'm originally from! Who would have thought there were ducks in this desert?

What general area are you hunting?

#3 ·
We normally do most of our hunting near Roswell and also can't complain! Just seeing if anyone else in NM has anywhere else that's goin on. I'd love to be able to get into a field. This will be my last season before I seperated from the AF and I'll be movie back near the PPR. I'd just like to maybe trade a couple hunts before I leave!

#4 ·
Sounds like we're hunting the same area. Not a lot of choices in southeast NM.

If you're interested in going to Texas just for a change of scenery I'm hearing that the area around Dimmitt is unbelievable for cranes, geese, and ducks right now. Apparently the land owners are very open to folks hunting their land and permission is pretty easy to get.

#7 ·
How are the bird numbers looking around Roswell? I have been doing some crane hunting around Dexter so haven't made it back to the waterholes lately.
My dad and cousin are flying in from Tennessee for a week's worth of ducks, geese, and crane. Hoping we get some good weather to put some fresh birds in the area.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.