Duck Hunting Forum banner

Low Goose Count

2K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  quackadikt 
#1 ·
The goose numbers at BDA are down. I am planning to hunt this coming weekend. Yesterday I saw snows mixed with some canadians, this morning I saw only snows. My neighbor bought a ton of corn to feed the birds as BDA has run out of grain. That makes 3 years in a row BDA has failed to produce enough food for the birds. The Socorro paper had a front page article about BDA trying to find farmers. Since the locals know better they are having meeting as far away as Roswell, trying to find farmers.
The winter storm that hit Jan2 may have pushed a lot of the birds farther south. I will know much more after this weekend.

#2 ·
Remind your friend that baiting migratory birds is illegal, last time I checked.

#4 ·
You don't have to hunt over bait for it to be baiting, so just tell your buddy to be on his Ps and Qs.

#5 ·
thank god BDA is out of corn . let the little bastards move to spots that they can be vulnerable.in my opinion the BDA hunts are trash. Numbers are not down in general though

Attachments

#6 ·
I need to kill some white geese...

#8 ·
Do I get the "moderator discount"?

#9 ·
quackadikt said:
Do I get the "moderator discount"?
Sorry thought you got the memo. I hunted for myself this season. may be back in the guiding grind next year or maybe not.

No fee needed sir , just a chuckle when you whiff on a shot is payment enough :thumbsup:

just say when

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.