Duck Hunting Forum banner

Well, it's over......

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Splatt 
#1 ·
The season pretty much ended for me yesterday.
Was an awesome season.
Saw many a sunrise and sunset, made some new friends, and hunted with old ones.
Learned so much, and made some mistakes. Got many a limit and came home empty a few times.
All my pre planning, and new gear, worked flawlessly. The Banded RIP blind is awesome. It was unloaded and loaded at 60 times from the bed of my truck and has no issues. It hid Trap and I, and kept us comfortable. The steel frame is sure nice to be able to put weight on it, to get in and out.
Got some new decoys towards the end of the season from a good friend, and all I can say is "Thanks for the great deal" the GHG Elite series do make a differance in landing birds.
Trap did awesome this year, no injuries, other than some swollen legs from breaking thru ice.
No accidents, injuries, or mishaps.
Now the clean up starts, putting stuff up, cleaning out my nasty truck,and getting meat to a friend for sausage, and lastly, a Eurasian Widgeon drake to the taxidermist.

Hope you all had/are having a great season as well.

See less See more
#6 ·
A flock of widgeon came in with geese. We hammered 3, geese and the widgeon flared right. I still had 2 in the gun and pulled ahead of a drake and let a load of BB's go. He fluttered out of the flock, quite awaits out. After Trap retrieved 1 goose, I lined him for a blind retrieve and sent him. About 100 yards out, I saw the widgeon gain some air about 50 yards ahead of Trap. He was having none of that. He ran him down and came back all happy.
Never had seen a widgeon like that before. Sent a pic to a friend, and like 30 seconds later, I get a call saying I suck.
Then I was informed of what I shot. Lucky and blessed.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.