Question on divers???

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: 870, DukBum

Question on divers???

Postby T-MAN » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:59 pm

:help: Has anyone seen any divers on the st. lawrence yet? I really dont go out much on the river or lake so i dont know. :thumbsdown:
T-MAN
hunter

Hey

Postby 870Hunter » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:03 pm

Im not really sure but we could go out on my boat one of theses days and scout around and check over by Bluff to see if there are any and plot out a good spot to hunt em', also last time i was out on the river i went over to try to find that camp on murry to hunt but i couldnt find it but apparently there are a lot of Divers there so we can go check it out....Later :salude:
870Hunter
hunter

Divers

Postby Dep666 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:59 pm

I gotta think with this "Oh so nice weather" we are having , that the .....BroadBills :thumbsup: (Right 870?) are comming. Its suppose to snow here in the next couple of days. Its gonna be a little while for the Whistlers to show up. MAn I can't wait! I drove by the lake today and there was at least 8 fters out there. Its gonna be a while before the lake calms down. Good luck up there and crack em for me.
Dep666
hunter

Postby T-MAN » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:08 pm

No problem matt! good luck man :salude:
T-MAN
hunter

Postby 870 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:33 pm

MATT don't look for them broadies making it your way, I'm killen them I limited out to day on broadbills with 1 shot, I shot at the lead bird, droppped him and the hen that was behind him, OK.... so I had to finish the hen off on the water. I love it 3in 1out, what was a bummer nothing else flew all morning, to nice a day. :pissed:

T-MAN don't worry you'l see enough drivers my man :toofunny:

MATT,by the way I saw 3 drake wistlers today, first of the year keep ya posted :thumbsup:
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Whistlers

Postby Dep666 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:15 pm

Man thats got me psyched! Its absolutley killing me to have to work all week. My buddy hunted today at a refuge. Besides the regular sky bustin A$$holes, it was a nice day. Its gonna be kind of warm going into next week, but I heard there will be another front coming later next week.

Don I'm serious about those Dekes from Clint Taylor. The Supermag Goldeneyes are the nuts! You might want to get a couple. I use 2 drakes. They are a little pricey and a little heavy. I'm assuming that your as "shot" as I am , so of course niether of those factor apply! :thumbsup: Thanks for the info brother!
Dep666
hunter

Postby 870 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:56 pm

Never heard of them, send me some pic’s. Right now I have somewhere around 15 or 16 whistlers Hunting them is the best, go to hunt 101.com click in waterfowl I was on page 7 or 8 and see what last Thanksgiving was like, you will dig it, just me and Max and a lot of carnage

later man :salude:
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Postby 870 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:14 pm

Matt, for get page 7-8 go to page 20 silly me they have alot of new pic's :oops:
State Moderator

870 pic

Postby Dep666 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:09 pm

Man are you kidding me? That was sweet! I'm going to take a pic of my goldeneyes are email them to you. You can also see them at taylordecoys.com. The guy who makes them is Clint Taylor. he is a hell of a nice guy and makes some great dekes. The Goldeneyes I use aren't actually his creation. They are E. Allen Dekes. He made some suggestions as to paint and actually the right way to do it. As a matter of fact he's from Ogdensberg(SP). I don't think thats too far from you. Anyway check out the website and I'll try to email those pics to you. I'm off to the swamp from hell tomorrow am. Try to smash some of those woodies. Give em hell fellas!
Dep666
hunter

Return to New York Duck Hunting