new head lamp idea

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: 870, DukBum

new head lamp idea

Postby 870 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:57 pm

I don’t know about you guys, but I became sick of buying batteries for my headlamps.
Every time I turned around, there I was replacing them. Since I now don’t use my mechanical decoy any more, I thought I would take the battery from it, and use it in my headlamp since it’s rechargeable.

Since I have a little Tim Taylor in me I thought, “them lamps need more power” So I drilled a hole, ran the wire, silicone it shut. I filled the space where the batteries were with gas line hose; I ran the wire though the center of the gas hose.

At the end of the wire I placed two EYE connections, bent them to make a 90-angle one pos, one neg.

I placed a switch at the battery, right near the Female connections that slid over the Male connections on the battery, by taping it to the top of the battery.

It feels great not having to buy batteries every few days I hope it can help you guys.
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Postby T-MAN » Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:40 am

I like that idea. It can keep your hands free for picking up decoys or putting them out. About how much would one of those batteries cost? I was just wondering how you connected the switch to the battery?

Good idea :thumbsup:

Tyler
T-MAN
hunter

Return to New York Duck Hunting