Check Out Worthington Kennels

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: 870, DukBum

Check Out Worthington Kennels

Postby duckhuntingchat.com » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:50 am

Just a reminder of a sponsor of ours in NY - Worthington Kennels

http://worthingtonkennels.com/

They offer:

Kennels
Training Facility
Boarding Service
Complete Grooming Shop

So, whether you need help with training, a clean friendly place to board your dog or dog grooming services, give them a call (607) 849-6595.
duckhuntingchat.com
Site Admin

Re: Check Out Worthington Kennels

Postby Plantman » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:08 pm

I picked up a black male from Tom a few weeks ago. This is a great looking dog! Looks are not everything but this dog appears to have what it takes be a great retriever. He has a ton of natural ability. At 10 weeks I had just returned from goose hunting and left the goose on the ground and let him discover it. He grabbed it by the neck and tried his hardest drag it over to me. He only dragged it a few feet whining the whole time because he wanted so bad to bring it to me. I was impressed again about a week later when I had him out for a boat ride and he just focused on some birds in the air behind us. It just seems like he already knows the game and can't wait to run with the big dogs.
Tom just doesn't sell you a dog and send you on your way. I've had several discussions with him on different training topics and he has always been a great help, not just telling you right and wrong but explaining in a way so you understand why you should do things a certain way. His approach to training is very methodical and to the point. I highly recommend him in everything dog related. :beer:

Rob
Attachments
IMG_20131026_131154_700.jpg
IMG_20131109_142851_577.jpg
IMG_20131109_135642_002[1].jpg
“If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man.”

― Mark Twain
Plantman
hunter

Return to New York Duck Hunting