need some info

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: DukBum, 870

need some info

Postby bklyn hunter » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:31 pm

in new york when duck season opens the is a corse you take so you can hunt the first 5 days of opening day i have the certif.now how do i apply for the lottery that dec picks from
bklyn hunter
hunter

Postby harvey1b » Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:51 am

I'm not sure what you are asking. Everyone who wants to hunt must complete the hunter's safety course. With succesful completion comes a certificate that you present when purchasing your hunting license. With your hunting license, a HIP number, and a Federal Duck Stamp you are allowed to legally hunt all days of every season.

There are some Wildlife Management Areas (WMA) such as Montezuma that require you to have taken a Waterfowl Identification Course. Are you talking about hunting in a place such as this with its' own regulations?

Either way, you can find a list of hunter safety courses and Waterfowl ID courses offered throughout the state on the NYSDEC website:

http://www.dec.state.ny.us/website/dfwmr/

I hope that helps.

-Matt
harvey1b
hunter

Postby 870 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:13 pm

ya what he said... BTW :welcome: bklyn hunter to DHC glad to see your with us :thumbsup:

are you looking to hunt State land ?
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Return to New York Duck Hunting