Fair Time

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: 870, DukBum

Fair Time

Postby harvey1b » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:38 am

Anybody goin' to the fair? We are checking it out tomorrow after work. I haven't been since I was a kid so it should be fun.

Anything special I need to go see?
harvey1b
hunter

Postby CLUTCHfan » Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:50 am

I'm not planning on going this year, but the things that I do "have to" do when I go are to hit the dairy building for the best chocolate milk ever, get a pizza-frite, see the piggies, and we always walk through the poultry building and try to figure out which chickens look like certain celebrities (a game my friends and I invented about fifteen years ago). Other than that, the people watching is always incredible.

More games to play at The Fair.

- Wait for a woman with misbehaving, screaming, rotten kids to come into view, and then take bets on whether or not she gives them a smack.
- Point out the Mullet.
- Call random people "Steve" (when someone gives you something you can say "Thanks Steve") (I play this game even when I'm not at the fair.)
- Yell "Shut That Kid Up" whenever you hear a kid crying. (you have to yell this pretty loud, so that the kids parents, along with most people in the surrounding area hear it. Then you look away, so that the parents can't tell who yelled) (we have found that the exact words "Shut That Kid Up" have the best results, and get the optimal reaction from the parents.)
- Let people know that their hat is crooked. (this can be a dangerous game, depending on who you are telling. It's best to have some friends backing you up when you do.)
- Guess what the ride operator had for lunch.
- Ask people in the livestock building if you can milk their cow. (they always say no)
- Watch one ride, and then bet on which drunk guy will puke.

We used to have alot more games than this, but this was all I could remember right now. We were all for making your own fun.
TNAL45 wrote:I like my beer like I like my violence....Domestic.
CLUTCHfan
Former DHC Ball Buster

Location: Behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore.

Return to New York Duck Hunting