NYS Pistol Permit

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: 870, DukBum

Re: NYS Pistol Permit

Postby Slack Tide » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:22 pm

I'm cool with that.
Do you think the fees are the same through NYS?
What will yours total by the time you are done?
Isn't it $100 just to turn in the paper? Then another $102 you said for prints....

You want to dissuade people from getting these things then make them $1,000
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby Eric Haynes » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:40 pm

Slack Tide wrote:I'm cool with that.
Isn't it $100 just to turn in the paper? Then another $102 you said for prints....

Mine cost $350 all said and done. Don't be giving them ideas on making it harder for more people! It's hard enough as it is.

It is different in all areas I think.

This thread got me thinking of why I had a restriction on mine. I don't deserve a restriction so I called the county judge. He informed me that Full Carry licenses aren't just for carrying money and business protection and he does issue them to people with a perfect record for self defense. He told me I needed to write him a letter stating that I want a Full Carry license and anything to back my qualifications and knowledge of firearms. While it's not needed to have a vast knowledge and qualifications, he said it's easier in the end for making a decision. Might be just getting my hopes up, but he made it sound like it wasn't that big of a deal as long as you were a law abiding citizen.
Eric Haynes
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:42 pm

Well there you have it......
Good luck!
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby peteyg2 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:29 am

Eric Haynes wrote:

Mine cost $350 all said and done. Don't be giving them ideas on making it harder for more people! It's hard enough as it is.

This thread got me thinking of why I had a restriction on mine. I don't deserve a restriction so I called the county judge. He informed me that Full Carry licenses aren't just for carrying money and business protection and he does issue them to people with a perfect record for self defense. He told me I needed to write him a letter stating that I want a Full Carry license and anything to back my qualifications and knowledge of firearms. While it's not needed to have a vast knowledge and qualifications, he said it's easier in the end for making a decision. Might be just getting my hopes up, but he made it sound like it wasn't that big of a deal as long as you were a law abiding citizen.

The problem is that on LI it's not a judge...it's the PD that issue the license. Most of the state relies on judges. We're special for some reason.
peteyg2
hunter

Postby bighillbilly » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:27 pm

I had to take a pistol course at the local gun shop first. $65.00
Then I turned in my application to the County. $20.00
Fingerprinting by a third party agency. $102.00

I think that is the extent of the fees. The next major expense will be the gun I believe, but that is likely a year from now based on what they told me when I turned in the application.
bighillbilly
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:08 pm

Where are you BigBill and when was that?
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby Eric Haynes » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:25 pm

peteyg2 wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

The problem is that on LI it's not a judge...it's the PD that issue the license. Most of the state relies on judges. We're special for some reason.

Forgive me if I am wrong, but aren't you a lawyer? If I was a lawyer, I would own a gun..for sure.
Eric Haynes
hunter

Postby peteyg2 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:38 pm

Why is that?

By the way, I own several. I don't own any pistols.
peteyg2
hunter

Postby Eric Haynes » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:56 pm

I meant pistol, sorry. Well, I know there are many different types of lawyers and firms, but to me, I would want that protection..just in case. Never know what kind of looney toon you will meet.
Eric Haynes
hunter

Postby peteyg2 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:44 am

I'm very personable
peteyg2
hunter

Postby Eric Haynes » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:18 pm

peteyg2 wrote:I'm very personable

So are elementary school children...

Sent from my H866C using Tapatalk 2
Eric Haynes
hunter

Postby greasegetter » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:29 pm

never been finger printed why now **** them.sorry but why now?
greasegetter
hunter

Postby Eric Haynes » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:08 pm

greasegetter wrote:never been finger printed why now **** them.sorry but why now?

You have always had to get finger printed for a CCL here. Ever since I can remember anyways.

Sent from my H866C using Tapatalk 2
Eric Haynes
hunter

Postby greasegetter » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:14 pm

slack said never been fingerprinted before ,i know u need to for permit but why now , if you have no use for it.its just another thing for them to take and now they have your prints for no good reason.
greasegetter
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:10 am

Now that you mention it, I did have my prints done when I submitted my teacher paperwk...
Honestly Greasy...for the first time in my life, I really do feel like we are heading down a slippery slop with gun control and I just don't want there to come a day where they just tell me that I can't get one...I think I'll just get a little .22 semi like Whacker said, but I just don't like the way things are going.
Please go read a post called "That dirty word......GUNS" in the honey hole...
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Previous

Return to New York Duck Hunting