Hunting partner despratly needed in N.Chautauqua County

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: DukBum, 870

Hunting partner despratly needed in N.Chautauqua County

Postby gooseseeker » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:23 am

Hey Guys ,
I finally realized that duck hunting alone is dangerous and alot of work,love the sport but have no one to go with so I go alone.I don't have a huge amount of equiptment but enough to get by.My problem is I only have a 15ft. canoe which is good for small water but I live in Dunkirk and don't drive so I hunt the harbor, thats too much water for my little canoe but I go out anyway.My stubborness almost got me killed today when canoe flipped and dumped me in the water,so Im begging for a partner to help me make good decisions and maybe access to some smaller waters to hunt.Now don't get me wrong,if conditions are right I can have a good hunt,mostly 1st season,but 2nd season is treacherous as I learned today so if you can help a soon to be 51 yr. old hunter that enjoys all the hard work in a hunt,please pm me and maybe we can connect on a safe and productive outing or 2.Any help would be greatly appreciated,thanks and GOOD HUNTING!

GOOSESEEKER
gooseseeker
hunter

Re: Hunting partner despratly needed in N.Chautauqua County

Postby capt.dennis » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:35 pm

GOOSEEKER GLAD YOU MADE IT OK! WATERFOWL HUNTING IS AMONG THE MOST DANGEROUS TYPES OF HUNTING THERE IS! YOU REALLY NEED SEAWORTHY BOATS TO HUNT BIG WATER. TRAVELING IN THE DARK IS EXTREMELY DANGEROUS. WINDS KICK UP WITH CHOPPY SEAS ETC.

BE CAREFUL OUT THERE AND GOOD LUCK!
CAPT.DENNIS
HUNT HARD FISH HARD!
WWW.HUNTFISHNY.COM
capt.dennis
hunter

Postby gooseseeker » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:44 pm

Thanks Capt.,everything turned out ok,lost some equiptment but am still here,will be alot more careful in the future,thanks for reply.

GOOSESEEKER
gooseseeker
hunter

Postby QUACK3XS » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:52 am

As someone who has been in the drink more than a few times waterfowling, the Capt. is correct....Very dangerous. I was a Moderator on here at one time & since then I only check the forum out once in a blue moon. That being said, I watch stupid people day after day during the late season in Dunkirk Harbor. I see it all from atop the coal pile. Gooseseeker, I may be able to help you out with info & stuff. I have learned my lesson on taking people hunting that i don't know....that is nothing agaisnt you personally. Shoot me a PM & we will talk. If you're not sure about me, 870 can vouch for me......
U.S. NAVY SEABEE VETERAN
QUACK3XS
hunter

Postby 870 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:19 pm

QUACK3XS wrote: If you're not sure about me, 870 can vouch for me......

Yeah QUACK is good people. He likes it when you call him Sunshine in the morning :thumbsup:
MORT :yes:
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
Pro Hunter

Postby QUACK3XS » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:31 pm

870 wrote:
QUACK3XS wrote: If you're not sure about me, 870 can vouch for me......

Yeah QUACK is good people. He likes it when you call him Sunshine in the morning :thumbsup:
MORT :yes:

:lol: That guy known as Mr. Sunshine is really grumpy(so I've heard)...........I wonder if Dr. Jeckell knew about Mr Hyde.....just wondering
U.S. NAVY SEABEE VETERAN
QUACK3XS
hunter

Postby Wnykahrman » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:47 pm

Glad everything turned out good could have been a lot worse. By any chance was that u out there thurs morn by the high rise in the canoe. I'm new to waterfowl hunting myself I was on the outer wall with a Couple buddy's showing me the ropes. How did u do if it was u.
Wnykahrman
hunter

Postby QUACK3XS » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:43 pm

I knew this guy wouldn't contact me......10 bucks says he knows more than me about waterfowling...... :rolleyes:
U.S. NAVY SEABEE VETERAN
QUACK3XS
hunter

Postby gooseseeker » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:54 am

Hey Quack,
Pmd you yesterday so check your messages,and to set record straight,I probably don't know as much as you on the subject,and never stated that at all,just looking for some help so I don't have to hunt alone!

Gooseseeker
gooseseeker
hunter

Postby 870 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:01 pm

Come on Mr. Sunshine wheres that warm bubbly side the guy was only asking for a little help :huh:
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
Pro Hunter

Postby QUACK3XS » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:41 am

Sorry about that.......shows you have passion. Of course I will help him Donny, btw......another rescue yesterday at Hanover...hunting in a kayak.....500 yards out :no:
U.S. NAVY SEABEE VETERAN
QUACK3XS
hunter

Postby QUACK3XS » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:01 am

I checked my Pm's ........nothing from gooseseeker? You sure you got the right pm box.
U.S. NAVY SEABEE VETERAN
QUACK3XS
hunter

Postby DukBum » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:29 am

Seems like water rescues were hot this past weekend I herd of 3 all seemed to be hunters asking to much from there boat :huh:
There is more to this then just killing ducks
DukBum
State Moderator

Postby gooseseeker » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:14 pm

Quack,
Just noticed you didn't receive first Pm so am sending another now,don't know what happened?

Geeseseeker
gooseseeker
hunter

Postby QUACK3XS » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:41 am

got it...reply sent........... Don, wnykahrman & i have talked through PMs......I think this kid needs to talk with you.....sounds to me like he wants to be one of those...... Half witted, knuckle dragging, rusty boat, fear no river, long lineing...DIVER HUNTERS....like you :no: . I am going to my best to convince him that hunting divers is a mental disease & he'll never get any woman :eek: traveling down that path...... :lol3: :hi: :yes: ...you're my hero :bow:

MORT
U.S. NAVY SEABEE VETERAN
QUACK3XS
hunter

Postby Wnykahrman » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:56 pm

I dont want to be half witted i am half witted lol. Nice chat we had opened my eyes up a lil
Wnykahrman
hunter

Postby Bob Caygeon » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:42 am

I will have to agree with QUACK3XS. Diver hunters typically end up with snaggle tooth ,busted, brokedown chicks. Some times going ugly is fun but as you gain more experience you will be able to close on the pretty ones. I took a friend diver hunting on the last day of the season and never took my gun out of the case. Those Oldsquaw can be tricky! :hi:
Bob Caygeon
hunter

Return to New York Duck Hunting