How to undermine the new Anti Gun Laws.

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: 870, DukBum

How to undermine the new Anti Gun Laws.

Postby Frank Lopez » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:56 pm

Obviously, there are several flaws in the new NYS gun law. I think that it is important that we show the rest of the country, just how short sighted and calculated Andy Boy's law really is. For example. let's organize some sort of protests in the mannor of the colonists, twenty first century style. Take for example, the requirement that all ammunition transactions be done facce to face and require the purchaser to pass a background check. Fair enough. This portion of the law does not go into effect until Janyary 15, 2014. If we all go out before that date and purchase all the ammunition we need for the season, we'll be safe for the 2013-2014 season. But here's where we get even. On January 15, 2014, we all go out and but four boxes of shotshells. Nothing out of the otdinary, really. Except, we buy one box, and then get back in lind and buy another, and get back in line and buy another, etc. Before you know it, the FBI will be inundated with calls and the system will crash. Do this for a couple of days, and the Feds will tell Andy Boy where to get his back ground checks!

We need more ideas, who's got any?

Frank
I feel slightly sorry for a man who has never patterned his gun, who has no idea how far his chosen load will retain killing penetration. But I'm extremely sorry for the ducks he shoots at beyond the killing range of his gun and load - Bob Brister
Frank Lopez
hunter

Re: How to undermine the new Anti Gun Laws.

Postby byf41 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:12 pm

What would happen if everyone refused to register.
byf41
hunter

Postby labtrainer » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:01 pm

If you have purchased ANY firearm from a dealer (store or at a gun show) they already know you made the purchase (I used to have an FFL the paperwork was a real hassel) so if you refuse to register (those guns, hint ,hint) they will want to know, "Where the guns are now?" No records required in privite sales up until now! (another hint). Of course I am speaking of long guns , handguns are always recorded on someones pistol permit.
I like the idea of the ammo purchases :thumbsup: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
"Keep your eye's on the horizion"
from my Dad on my first duck hunt!
labtrainer
hunter

Postby jeepman » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:23 pm

byf41 wrote:What would happen if everyone refused to register.

I was thinking the same thing. I haven't bought a long gun in years, and since until recently it was legal to sell long guns privately how can the authorities prove or disprove if you still have the guns or not? I know of some long guns, particularly cheaper shotguns, that seem to change hands every season. I suppose it is only an super big issue ( If your OK with a misdemeanor) for those who shoot at public ranges. I'm still reading alot about the flaws to this bill and maybe i'm crazy but i don't think it's over yet. We could all be like Rosa Parks and use civil disobediance to prove a point.
jeepman
hunter

Postby peteyg2 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:37 pm

I just read the ammunition section of the law (section 50). The background check will not be through the FBI like firearm purchases. It will be through a newly created NYS database. It will require the purchaser to provide the following information: name, DOB, address, occupation. That, to me, is very strange. What does occupation impact? All large purchases will be flagged for more scrutiny. What is a large purchase? It doesn't appear to define. If I find a good deal at ****'s and buy two cases of #4, is that a large purchase? What about avid skeet shooters that purchase 10 cases at a time?

Also, online and out-of-state purchases will have to go to a gun dealer first, similar to an online firearm purchase. This will eliminate any savings from buying online since I'm sure the local gun shop will charge a fee...if they even sell ammo after this law. My gut feeling is that places like ****'s, Sports Authority, Gander Mountain, Wallmart, etc. will stop selling ammo because the administrative burden will outweigh the potential profit. Plus, the chance of prosecution for messing up a single detail will further disuade.

I can't wait to pay $50 for a box of Remington #4.

This is just going to encourage people to buy ammo when out-of-state and bring back into NY. The law is going to create criminals.

I know brass rounds have a 10+ year shelf life. I hope shotgun shells do as well, because I'm going to start stocking up now. I'm also going to start hitting the skeet range heavily. Each shot will have to count in the future. One shot, one kill. I never thought that would apply to waterfowl. The only beings that luck out are brant. Who's going to waste a $5 shot on a brant?
peteyg2
hunter

Postby jeepman » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:00 pm

I agree,and i can't help but think that they are going to seriously underestimate the volume of ammo sales. If this idea makes it through a year or two only certain ammunitions i think w will be flagged such as those that "assault weapons" are chambered in like 9mm,40 5.56 and 7.62x39. It's not uncommon for me to shoot 1 or 2 hundred rounds shooting skeet in an afternoon and i don't think i can count the others that do the same state wide every weekend.
jeepman
hunter

Postby Eric Haynes » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:43 pm

Pete,
My CCL has my occupation on it as well. Not certain what purpose it serves, but it's on there.

Sent from my H866C using Tapatalk 2
Eric Haynes
hunter

Postby peteyg2 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:03 pm

It's strange. If you change careers, like from teacher to salesman, would you have to re-register?
peteyg2
hunter

Postby Frank Lopez » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:45 pm

In addition to waterfowling and upland hunting, I do quite a bit of clay shooting. For the last 40 years I've been reloading my own shells for clays. Over the last 10 to 15 years, I've been getting my supplies over the internet. I just checked one of my main suppliers, Recob's Target Shop and they have a notice posted on their website that they can no longer ship powder or primers to New York! Did I miss something in this abonimation of a law that says they can't ship components?

Frank
I feel slightly sorry for a man who has never patterned his gun, who has no idea how far his chosen load will retain killing penetration. But I'm extremely sorry for the ducks he shoots at beyond the killing range of his gun and load - Bob Brister
Frank Lopez
hunter

Postby Eric Haynes » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:48 pm

Frank Lopez wrote:In addition to waterfowling and upland hunting, I do quite a bit of clay shooting. For the last 40 years I've been reloading my own shells for clays. Over the last 10 to 15 years, I've been getting my supplies over the internet. I just checked one of my main suppliers, Recob's Target Shop and they have a notice posted on their website that they can no longer ship powder or primers to New York! Did I miss something in this abonimation of a law that says they can't ship components?

Frank

I will bet most companies will boycott states with crappy gun laws. I know I would if I was in the business.
Eric Haynes
hunter

Postby Eric Haynes » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:06 pm

peteyg2 wrote:It's strange. If you change careers, like from teacher to salesman, would you have to re-register?

You have to fill out an amendment and of course, pay the fee. Think it's like $13, same price for amending new pistols onto it.
Eric Haynes
hunter

Postby VaTailfeathers » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:00 am

byf41 wrote:What would happen if everyone refused to register.

You would have Canada the last few years untin the Govenment finally came to it's sense and chit canned the gun registration
" Scheme".
VaTailfeathers
hunter

Postby VaTailfeathers » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:04 am

This registration law will push honest citizens to purchase firearms privately so when the " A++hole Andy Cuomo, NY Firearm Confiscation Bill " is passed at 3AM with no 3 day discussion, they will be able to hand over the registered ones, and then dig the unregistered ones out of the vegatable garden and do something radical in NY . Protect their family.
VaTailfeathers
hunter

Return to New York Duck Hunting