Any hunting clubs looking for a new member?

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: 870, DukBum

Any hunting clubs looking for a new member?

Postby Joelb58 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:54 pm

Hello, I am in search of a hunting or fishing club within a two hour drive to NYC.

I grew up in central PA enjoying the outdoors, but as you can imagine, NYC ain't the best place for a sportsman!

I am ideally looking for a place to hunt small game, turkeys, deer, waterfowl and fish. I would accept any combo of the aforementioned activities but would not be interested in a club that is solely deer hunting or upland hunting.

Finally, it is really hard for me to keep guns in my NYC apartment. Would be great if the club would allow me to keep a shotgun somewhere on the premises (locked of course), so that I could avoid that issue.

Thanks.
Joelb58
hunter

Re: Any hunting clubs looking for a new member?

Postby 870 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:26 pm

Hey man sorry I can’t help you, I’m all the way up on the top of the State. I just wanted to welcome you to the site and wish you the best of luck on your search. :thumbsup:
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Postby redheads&greenheads » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:08 pm

welcome to the site! fellow new york city prisoner here, safe to say, worst place to live. and here i thought i was the only one waking up at 4am sat and sunday mornings and dogging people stumbling home from bars on my way out hunting. Considering going through the long gun permit process? PM if you want to chat about coping :lol3:
--------------------------
"When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect."
-Aldo Leopold
redheads&greenheads
hunter

Postby toolmaker » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:26 pm

I know near the meadowlands sports complex there is a marsh that has real nice blinds. i heard that was a waterfowl club...

other than that, i havent heard of any club that caters to the waterfowl hunter much. most clubs are for deer hunting and upland hunting...especially stocked birds.. maybe you can get a club that has enough leased land it included some nice swamps with standing water or some ponds, or even some cut corn...

but youd be butting heads with the deer hunting, and upland hunting members

good luck

the tool
favorite quote: We constantly dont do things this way
toolmaker
hunter

Postby Joelb58 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:06 pm

Thanks everyone
Joelb58
hunter

Return to New York Duck Hunting