**** Act of 1902

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: DukBum, 870

**** Act of 1902

Postby labtrainer » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:46 am

google ......**** Act of 1902
By LAW this puts an end to Gun Control
Pass this information on to ALL Government Officials
This FEDERAL LAW makes it "unlawful" to pass ANY Law that "infrindges" the Rights as discribed in OUR Constitution.
It CAN NOT be repealed, to attempt to "bypass" , "overide" or "ignor" it, is Treason!!!!!
Our forefathers wrote it and Passed it to Prevent Exactly what is happening right now here in NY and in Washington.
Spread this to everyone........OUR Country , OUR Freedoms , OUR Existance is at stake!!!!!! :thumbsup:
"Keep your eye's on the horizion"
from my Dad on my first duck hunt!
labtrainer
hunter

Re: **** Act of 1902

Postby peteyg2 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:04 pm

Your interpretation is not correct, unfortunately. I do, however, very much appreciate your proactiveness.

I think this may be an internet rumor of some sort. In any case, it's not true.
peteyg2
hunter

Postby labtrainer » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:59 pm

Pete then how do you explain the appearence of it in the Library of Congress also know as "Efficiency of Militia Bill H.R. 11654"
Just trying to gain info and fight the fight!
labtrainer
hunter

Postby peteyg2 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:14 pm

Well, a few points. There is no such law as one that cannot be repealed. In fact, you can even repeal the law that this law protects, i.e., the 2nd amend. No law is constitutional if it infringes on a right unless there is a compelling government reason for doing so.

I think efforts are better spent support current suits against the cuomo law.
peteyg2
hunter

Postby labtrainer » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:27 pm

I will support ANYthing that helps defeat these Tyrants :thumbsup:
labtrainer
hunter

Postby peteyg2 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:03 pm

Here's a slightly off topic point for you to.consider. you have to have 4 references in nassau county to apply for a pistol license. Each person must live in nassau and know you for one year or more. How is that constitutional? So transplants and unpopular people don't have a second amendment right?
peteyg2
hunter

Postby Frank Lopez » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:09 pm

labtrainer,

The **** Act is, indeed, a valid US law. Pete's initial post was that your interpretation of what is said in that law is incorrect. He is righ about that. The main thing the **** Act did was to establish the National Guard. It is by no means unrepealable. Nor does it guarantee anything with respect to the Second Amendment.

With respect to the current NYS SAFE law, the general public is in favor of it, for the most part. This is because, in my opinion, the general public does not understand the historical signifigance nor do they understand the political reasons for the Second Amendment. Hell, most people think that the Bill of Rights grants the rights it enumerates! The fact is, the Bill of Rights identifies certain "inalienable" rights as being given to all free men by their creator and prevents the government from passing any laws that would stifle those rights. That's perhaps overly simplistic since the courts have determined that certain "reasonable" restrictions may be applied in the name of public safety and national interest. The most important thing is that most people do no understand the implication, not only life without a Second Amendment, but the possibility of a government usurping a right. In this case, it's the Second Amendment. But without the Second Amendment in place, what is to prevent this "ebenevolent" government from taking away the right to petition the government to redress grievences? Or fo free speech? Or the right to a speedy trial? Or any of the others.

My point here is that only a majority public opinion will force the law makers to repeal this law if the court battles fail. We would do well to serve as spokespeople for the Second Amendment and spread the word of how it is important to Joe Average who may not choose to own a fire arm. How the Second Amendment was viewed at its inception and how that basic premise is as true today as it was in 1791.

We all need to get our facts straight and 100% correct. No "right wing, gun nut propaganda". Once you have the irrefuteable truth, that cannot be denied, the anti gun arguments become exposed to reasonable people. And remember, you will NEVER convince an anti gunner that they are wrong, just as they will never convince us that we are wrong. The war of words is waged to persuade the "silent majority", those bystanders that have no direct stake in the argument. Those "independents", if you will, are the ones that are going to decide things. Right now, the majority of them do not believe that they will be giving anything up to this law, and that's just the way Andy boy and his henchmen want it.

Frank
I feel slightly sorry for a man who has never patterned his gun, who has no idea how far his chosen load will retain killing penetration. But I'm extremely sorry for the ducks he shoots at beyond the killing range of his gun and load - Bob Brister
Frank Lopez
hunter

Postby labtrainer » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:55 pm

Thank you to both Pete and Frank for the information.
labtrainer
hunter

Return to New York Duck Hunting