Church Wild Game Dinner Shut Down

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: DukBum, 870

Re: Church Wild Game Dinner Shut Down

Postby Slack Tide » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:37 pm

Frank Lopez wrote:One thing that puzzles me on this is the jurisdiction. Doesn't the health department need the sherif to close down an event? Not really sure, just asking. I mean, the DOH is not law enforcement, and they could serve the papers and that's it. Should you choose to ignore any "order" from the DOH, I would think you'd need the local police authority.

Frank

What if it were at an Amvets? Elk Lodge etc?? How would that be diff?
What if you all met at a public park to have a big BBQ on park BBQ's??
I know it sounds silly, but really??? I still don't get the jurisdiction either....

I'm tellin you Lab....
Think about the back shaving idea
Attachments
Hairy.jpg
Hairy.jpg (2.78 KiB) Viewed 236 times
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby labtrainer » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:45 pm

We were all guests of the Church where the event was held, so we really needed to abide with their wishes.
I was totally ticked off as were most evryone else there, but again we let the Church Officials call the shots.
I'm sure if this had happen in a Sportsman's club or the like and the beer was flowing, things would have been much different, maybe for the worse.
As much as we all feel like taking up our guns, pitch forks or clubs, the best way to fight back with these attacks (anti gun etc.) is to use the LAW and their own words to bury them. (We can always resort to the other methods later)! :thumbsup:
"Keep your eye's on the horizion"
from my Dad on my first duck hunt!
labtrainer
hunter

Postby Whistlerwhittler » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:02 am

On a similar note:

http://townhall.com/columnists/toddstar ... t-n1519865

People are amazing!!
Whistlerwhittler
hunter

Postby labtrainer » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:42 pm

Make No Mistake this is all about Anti-Hunting.....Not Health concerns!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Lets let people starve rather than eat venison......No chance of food posioning there! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Has anybody guessed I'm Pi$$ed about all this Government Control Crap yet???
"Keep your eye's on the horizion"
from my Dad on my first duck hunt!
labtrainer
hunter

Postby Frank Lopez » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:15 pm

Slack Tide wrote:
Frank Lopez wrote:One thing that puzzles me on this is the jurisdiction. Doesn't the health department need the sherif to close down an event? Not really sure, just asking. I mean, the DOH is not law enforcement, and they could serve the papers and that's it. Should you choose to ignore any "order" from the DOH, I would think you'd need the local police authority.

Frank

What if it were at an Amvets? Elk Lodge etc?? How would that be diff?
What if you all met at a public park to have a big BBQ on park BBQ's??
I know it sounds silly, but really??? I still don't get the jurisdiction either....

I'm tellin you Lab....
Think about the back shaving idea

Slack,

My point is that I don't think that the DOH has police authority in the matter. They can decide that the event is in violation and serve the papers. However, once served, they would be required to leave the premisis (private property in this case). Should theortganizers choose to go ahead with the event and suffer the consequences, a police authority would be required for further action.

I'm not saying one thing or the other is the way to go. I'm just saying that the only thing the DOH can do is serve the papers and then leave.

Frank
I feel slightly sorry for a man who has never patterned his gun, who has no idea how far his chosen load will retain killing penetration. But I'm extremely sorry for the ducks he shoots at beyond the killing range of his gun and load - Bob Brister
Frank Lopez
hunter

Previous

Return to New York Duck Hunting