Duck Hunting Forum banner

Snowline report.

10K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Slack Tide 
#1 ·
This where we can post on the snowline in our state and where it starts. I'm doing this in hopes of helping the Snow goose hunters keep track of the snowline holding back the Snow geese. :thumbsup:

#2 ·
you are coming up on the anniversary of your posting this....you best post something

I can tell you we got snow last night and will get it tomorrow....did I help?

the snow migrated from up in the shy someplace, down to my yard

I think that's the limit of its migration

you are welcome buddy

the tool

#5 ·
870, I just got back from Delaware Snow Goosing and we shot 54 on Fri and 1 on sat, the birds were all jumping on the South wind hard on thurs pm. 71 degrees on Fri and 68 on sat. No snow until Mid New Jersey and the birds were packed up supper tight on the snow line there. Good luck and where are our pics :thumbsup: !!!

#6 ·
Thanks spider.. 54 in one day, sounds like a great day to me. Sounds like there their on their way, too bad it's getting down around zero again this week :mad: Keep in touch bud :thumbsup: Were they all adults or was there some juvies mixxed in?

#9 ·
Never hunted snow geese - so they don't migrate/feed anywhere that that have fields covered in snow? I'm guessing...so you track the melt and that will give you the expected arrival in that area?

#13 ·
Who says they don't like Snow.LOL I've killed more over fields covered in snow than open fields. Frost is the big pain in the butt having to worry if you'll be able to set your decoys :rolleyes:

This open field was just before they made the push North. We had a torando drop on us that day of a couple thousand birds, unbelieveable. My son dropped a juvi about ten yards out in front of him. After the shooting it started waking away, he pulls up and blew it's head off, covering about a dozen of my decoys with blood and goose parts . Oh yeah dad was real impressed with that. :mad: I told him you're cleaning that blood off LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.