I had Snow gooseitis on Mon

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: 870, DukBum

I had Snow gooseitis on Mon

Postby 870 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:13 pm

Called in and told the boss I was coming down with the itis on Mon. Monday started out with temps below freezing and snow in the fields. By the end of the day all the snow melted and the fields were a muddy mess. Bigwater couldn’t hit the ground if he wanted to at first. By mid-morning, I was up few geese up on him, he changed his choke and caught up to me. Then a huge flock started our way they were dot hi. We thought what the heck and I hit the ecaller, they locked up and started to tornado down while being joined by other flocks. To say the least in was hugely impressive. It got so loud that bigwater couldn’t hear me call the shot. They just hung there for what seemed like forever. There were some juvies out in front so we let loose. I hit one adult in the flock and it hit just in front of bigwater, it wasn’t dead so what does he do, he’s pulls up and takes it’s head off. There was blood all over about a dozen decoys. All in all it was a great time a field with my son.
To give you an idea on how muddy it was, those lines behind me thats water in tractor ruts, oh yeah the ruts were fun NOT!!!
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Re: I had Snow gooseitis on Mon

Postby Whistlerwhittler » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:13 am

Awesome 870! There's still a bunch around here, so hopefully you'll have some more good hunts.
Whistlerwhittler
hunter

Postby toolmaker » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:52 am

big water couldn't hit the ground...and you were barely up on him......yeah we is a learning about your skills....

nice job...I am proud you are supporting the effort here on the NY forum for us deadbeats......

they say snow is coming again this week..

look around for a long shaft(25") 150hp or 175hp 90's omc outboard for your best friend in the southern tier

the tool
favorite quote: We constantly dont do things this way
toolmaker
hunter

Postby 870 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:18 pm

We have a boat show here in town on the 12th All the dealers will be in town, I'll ask around then. :thumbsup:
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Postby southpaw92 » Sat May 25, 2013 6:56 pm

that's an awesome day sick :hammer: ..... Ive been wanting to get a snow but no luck its like one day there in a field by the time i get permission there gone

lol that's my luck though :hi:

South Paw
Canada Geese 17
Mallards 8
GW Teal 12
Gadwalls 2
Pheasants 7
southpaw92
hunter

Postby 870 » Sat May 25, 2013 7:20 pm

This day was even better, you would of had a ball, that's from one southpaw to another
State Moderator

Postby southpaw92 » Sat May 25, 2013 7:55 pm

:sniper: 870

sorry i couldn't make a middle finger lol, sorry that's super awesome! being 20 not many people want to give me permission to hunt there land..... thats why it nice having the gf hunt with me..... she works well with farmers and dec :banana:
Canada Geese 17
Mallards 8
GW Teal 12
Gadwalls 2
Pheasants 7
southpaw92
hunter

Postby 870 » Sat May 25, 2013 8:24 pm

You maybe young, but your not dumb :thumbsup: Do you have snow decoys?
State Moderator

Postby southpaw92 » Sat May 25, 2013 8:40 pm

errr um yeah.... like half dozen..... not very many.... i put them out with canadians... also like 2 dozen.... not very many..... ive always been more of a flooded timber or swap duck hunter not a field goose hunter
Canada Geese 17
Mallards 8
GW Teal 12
Gadwalls 2
Pheasants 7
southpaw92
hunter

Postby Eric Haynes » Wed May 29, 2013 9:06 am

southpaw92 wrote:errr um yeah.... like half dozen..... not very many.... i put them out with canadians... also like 2 dozen.... not very many..... ive always been more of a flooded timber or swap duck hunter not a field goose hunter

Being in NY, I'd be expanding your goose decoy spread. The goose hunting in NY is excellent. Where are you located? I've always got room for another.

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2
Eric Haynes
hunter

Postby southpaw92 » Thu May 30, 2013 7:17 am

onondaga hill (upstate ny)
Canada Geese 17
Mallards 8
GW Teal 12
Gadwalls 2
Pheasants 7
southpaw92
hunter

Postby Eric Haynes » Thu May 30, 2013 11:49 am

Pretty much Syracuse. I live 2 1/2 hours north but i work in Syracuse once a month. Working on land still down here. If i get some for this year Ill leet you know.

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2
Eric Haynes
hunter

Return to New York Duck Hunting