Duck Hunting Forum banner

Not Hunting But Fishing

930 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Benellipup 
#1 ·
Hey Guys! Been a while since I have posted anything, Not much in the way of hunting after duck season.. did happen to see a ringneck on the pond at work though, Kinda cool to see.

Since I am not hunting, Ive gotten the fishing boat out, and ready to go. We annually do a fishing trip up to lake Ontario out of Fair haven and usually have some awesome luck with the browns. By the looks of the weather, it doesnt look like the wind is going to be in our favor. I kinda figure the lake will be ROLLING, with 10-15 MPH winds out of the west... but was wondering if there were any spots that you guys may fish when the weather gets like this... See we have cabins rented up there so were going no matter what, but am more than willing to trailer my boat to go someplace where im not stressed to the max because of the waves.. And wont be going out if thats the case either.

I know that oswego harbor has some good protection there but has been hit and miss in the past for us. I was looking at the map and thought maybe Mexico bay would be my second best choice, but have never fished that far north this time of year. Also dont know if its protected enough to make a difference. Just wondering what your input may be from the guys that are on Ontario all the time. what waves to WEST winds at 10-15 produce.... getting the itch to fish out there, but kinda bumbed with the forcast.

Please let me know if you guys have ANY input, if you dont want to post it publicly, please send me a PM, Appreciate it!

~the pup~

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.