any buoy decoy makers on the forum?

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: 870, DukBum

any buoy decoy makers on the forum?

Postby BayMan718 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:01 am

just started working on making a diver and brant spread out of lobster trap buoy's...been using old herters heads but have been thinking of going with wooden silhouette heads to give them a more traditional look...was wondering if anyone made these decoys with the silhouette heads and if they opted to keep the heads attached to the keels or made individual heads and keels...

any advice would be appreciated...

also if anyone is looking to get rid of old beat to crap herters foamers let me know... :thumbsup:
“Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading "

Thomas Jefferson
BayMan718
hunter

Re: any buoy decoy makers on the forum?

Postby CGeminski » Fri May 10, 2013 11:18 pm

I am making some buoy birds this summer for sea ducks. If you join www.duckboats.net there is a great tutorial on how to make buoy birds.
CGeminski
hunter

Re: any buoy decoy makers on the forum?

Postby BayMan718 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:16 pm

CGeminski wrote:I am making some buoy birds this summer for sea ducks. If you join http://www.duckboats.net there is a great tutorial on how to make buoy birds.

awesome...i will check it out

ive currently cut 25 bodies....in between working and bass fishing...going to start on heads soon
“Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading "

Thomas Jefferson
BayMan718
hunter

Return to New York Duck Hunting