Suffolk County Trap and Skeet needs your help

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: DukBum, 870

Suffolk County Trap and Skeet needs your help

Postby Frank Lopez » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:11 am

Once again, Kate Browning is trying some back room political maneuvers to shut down SCTS. There is a vote scheduled for Wednesday, May 1 on a resolution (1313-2013) that will close the range. Contact your legislator and urge them to vote against this resolution and work toward its defeat.

Here's part of the email I received.

Suffolk County Legislator Kate Browning is attempting to end-run the legal actions we have been fighting in court! She will attempt to influence the Suffolk County Parks Committee to pass a resolution which would IMMEDIATELY CLOSE THE RANGE. The meeting is set for Wednesday, May 1 2013 at 12:00 pm at the Suffolk County Legislature Building. Her long-standing ANTI-RANGE and ANTI-GUN agenda, if passed, could PERMANENTLY CLOSE the Suffolk County Trap Skeet & Sporting Clays Range!

The meeting will be held at 12:00 pm, Wednesday May 1 2013 at the Hauppauge Legislative Auditorium, Suffolk County Legislature, W.H. Rogers Legislature Building, 725 Veterans Memorial Highway, Smithtown, NY 11787 Ph: (631) 853-4070 | Fax: (631) 853-4899

The meeting starts promptly at noon, it is important to arrive by 11:45 to sign in so you may speak your mind!

It is very important we show large public support for the range at this meeting to stop the pending resolution from moving forward which could result in the immediate closing of the range. Do Not let your second amendment rights infringed and your enjoyment as a recreational shooter be taken away.

Note that there are three .pdf files attached to the email that I can't post here. They contain some very interesting information, such as loss of revenue, loss of investment, and the potential expense of some $7 million that would be required to "return the property to an environmentally acceptable state". If anyone wants copies of the .pdfs, drop me a PM with your email address and I'll forward the whole email with attachments.

Frank
I feel slightly sorry for a man who has never patterned his gun, who has no idea how far his chosen load will retain killing penetration. But I'm extremely sorry for the ducks he shoots at beyond the killing range of his gun and load - Bob Brister
Frank Lopez
hunter

Return to New York Duck Hunting