Duck Hunting Forum banner

Stillllll Waiting (NYS Pistol)

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Slack Tide 
#1 ·
I posted this in the HH to get a National response....but I figured you'd be interested locally....

I've been posting a little update now and then about my journey to getting my permit.
I put in my original paperwork on February 4th....
I was told that I'd hear something in 2 months....so on April 10th I called them (when I hadn't heard from them) and was told that they are "just getting to the February Apps and it would be another 2 months"....
I then got a call on Memorial Day that I'd have an appointment on June 13th at 3:30 and if I can't make that, then the next appointment was available in late August.....
So now I wait until 2 more weeks to go in for the interview, photo, prints and pay....
And from there I really don't know.....I've heard of people getting the permit right there, a few weeks later, a few months later......

#3 ·
I got the same conversation going on in the Honey Hole and you gotta hear how easy it is in other states....they don't even HAVE a permit...just a phone call to be sure that they dont have a record and that's it....5 minutes...
"Uh....I'd like that bag of chips, a Coke and that Ruger right there please!"

#9 ·
Thanks...remember that this interview will BEGIN the official waiting period!?!?!?!
I could have adopted a small village of Haitians by now

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.