Anybody fishing for Walleyes?

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: 870, DukBum

Anybody fishing for Walleyes?

Postby labtrainer » Fri May 31, 2013 3:14 pm

My son and I got a few the first couple days then we have been chaseing turkeys ever since.
So I was wondering if they are still hitting? Still Shallow? Trolling or jigging? What colors?
Yeah , yeah I know cyber scouting. :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: It's not like I'm asking where????? :yes:
Hoping to drop some lines in the water this weekend.
"Keep your eye's on the horizion"
from my Dad on my first duck hunt!
labtrainer
hunter

Re: Anybody fishing for Walleyes?

Postby turf » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:46 pm

Went today, got 1 on a worm harness that went back for a quarter of an inch. Did however get 13 perch in 14 foot of water
turf
hunter

Postby labtrainer » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:22 pm

Well I just got a call, tomorrows fishing is called off......my buddies boat has eletrical problems, had to get towed off the water today, plus weatherman is calling for "Dangerous High winds and Thunderstorms" by day break!!!!!! Wind is picking up here already.......shoot! Oh well, I guess my son and I will stay home and study for his Bowhunter test next weekend.
"Keep your eye's on the horizion"
from my Dad on my first duck hunt!
labtrainer
hunter

Postby jeepman » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:05 pm

I've been catching them with a black and silver two piece repala in between 8 and 15 feet of water in Franklin falls flow. For some reason this year there is a do not eat order on them so i have been just doing catch and release. In another few weeks they will be moving down toward the bottom and i'll have to switch to a 3 way or bottom bouncer to stay after them.
jeepman
hunter

Return to New York Duck Hunting