New Member: After Hours Shooters Are Bad For The Sport

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: 870, DukBum

New Member: After Hours Shooters Are Bad For The Sport

Postby David Klotz » Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:22 pm

Folks -

I am a brand new member, who had the great luck to hunt with his buddy and your Moderator, harvey 1b, tonight. We had a great short hunt, and ended up busting a flock of 20+ birds out when we arrived (no choice); and working two nice pairs of geese, which did not fly close enough for us to, as Moderator Matt put it, "shoot them hard in the face."

Matt's dog, Lilly, was a little annoyed that she didn't get to pick anything up, but she is the more steady for it.

Unfortunately, we heard alot of late shooting: 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 20 minutes, and even close to 30 minutes after legal shoting time ended.

Not good. Those folks are bad for hunting, and very bad for goose hunting.

It bears repeating. Stick to the rules. Safety rules. Bag limit rules. Shooting light tules.

Regard - David Klotz
David Klotz
hunter

Postby harvey1b » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:08 pm

Klotzer!! Good to see you on the site. :welcome: I told you this pace had it all over those other trashy side-show forums you hang out in!

Those meat heads blazing away as the moon rose this evening were bad news and that's all there is to it.
harvey1b
hunter

Postby Smackaduck » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:32 pm

:welcome: things are fine here as long as you stay away from the new yorkers. :laughing:
If they're dumb enough to be lured in by plastic you're really just doing them a favor.

Know your target before you pull the trigger.

Duck Hunting is ALL about the bag.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby 870 » Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:53 am

like theres no outlaws down in La :toofunny:
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Postby CLUTCHfan » Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:17 am

If you guys went to the same spot that we went to, it's the norm. I was telling harvey1b about that when we went. Generally it's not the people on forums like this that are breaking the rules. Wait until duck season, I've heard shooting when I was having to use a spot-lamp to navigate the boat. I think it's the same guys that do it all the time. People should know by now that the shooting hours are 1/2 hour before sunrise to sunset, not 1/2 hour after sunset.
TNAL45 wrote:I like my beer like I like my violence....Domestic.
CLUTCHfan
Former DHC Ball Buster

Location: Behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore.

Return to New York Duck Hunting