D E C gets an at-a-boy

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: DukBum, 870

D E C gets an at-a-boy

Postby 870 » Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:51 am

Did you boys receive a notification from the DEC telling the dates, times, limits and regs?
What I thought was really cool is that laminated pocket reference, that was a great idea!

We just had our old Game Worden retire up here. I would call and ask questions on things that are stated on this reference and he straightened me out on what the laws were in regarding my questions.

He also told me not to expect the State Troopers and Sheriffs to fully understand the laws regarding waterfowl hunting. He said if I was to ever get into trouble to call and he would straighten it out.

Now we are all on the same page AT-A-BOY DEC good job!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Where this is going to come in handy I think is going to be down around the Finger Lakes region in regards to the landowners and tree huggers.
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Postby IRISH56 » Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:03 pm

Agreed 870!! The laminated card is a great idea on the part of DEC, especially down around my neck of the woods. It's getting a permanent location in the duck boat just in case we run into some local property owners who want to argue the law or some local LEO's who are not familiar w/the law. :umm:

DAN
IRISH56
hunter

Return to New York Duck Hunting