anyone hunt the Niagara River?

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: 870, DukBum

anyone hunt the Niagara River?

Postby army guy » Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:49 pm

Hi everyone. new duck hunter here, looking for any info for the upper or lower niagara river. places to hunt and tatics. Any ideas thought or comments would be greatly apperciated. Thanks
army guy
hunter

Postby IRISH56 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:20 pm

Welcome to DHC. My brother lives about 5 minutes from the river so I get a couple of chances a year. It can be really good and it can be really frustrating. Beaver Island SP has 30 or so blinds available by lottery (2 days in 1st season, daily in 2nd) which is all I've hunted.

My best advise is to get over to the lottery (held at the Nike? Park) and get to know the guys & blinds. Depending on wind & other conditions the better blinds vary, I don't hunt it enough to give any sound advice in that regard.

If you can swing the weekdays you're better off - lot of competition on the weekends especially during the 2nd season. 2nd season can be a real madhouse but the hunting can be sensational.

:welcome: DAN
IRISH56
hunter

Postby 870 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:03 pm

:welcome: army guy glad to see your with us. scroll down the NY forum and look for a guy named Matt French give him a PM he hunts there. Good luck Bro :thumbsup:
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Niagara

Postby Dep666 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:40 pm

Don ......Sent ole Boy a PM .......Off to Nodak tomorrow.......I'll send you some pics when I get back....................
Dep666
hunter

Return to New York Duck Hunting