Hunting in the Adirondacks

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: 870, DukBum

Hunting in the Adirondacks

Postby Ekern » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:12 pm

Hey guys. I have access in Warren County to some lake hunting and was wondering what type of birds I will get into if any and when is the better time of year to be there? Thanks in advance.
Ed
Ekern
hunter

Re: Hunting in the Adirondacks

Postby wanapasaki » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:38 pm

Call your local warden office and see if he/she can help you. Those guys are usually the most successful hunters
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby jeepman » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:31 pm

Just like any where else it can very from spot to spot. I would say early in the season. some of those small lakes and ponds don't have a lot of birds on them and you'll be hunting local birds until they get blown out of there by hunting pressure. later in the season if they are still around they'll be pushed out by ice. you are south of me though so your experience might be a little different. I haven't hunted down that far.
jeepman
hunter

Postby Ekern » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:52 am

jeepman wrote:Just like any where else it can very from spot to spot. I would say early in the season. some of those small lakes and ponds don't have a lot of birds on them and you'll be hunting local birds until they get blown out of there by hunting pressure. later in the season if they are still around they'll be pushed out by ice. you are south of me though so your experience might be a little different. I haven't hunted down that far.

I dont have that much ice down here especially the last few seasons. I'm in the northern end of the wintering area for many birds. That being said I still don't see as many birds as those out on the island. I've never hunted north of the orange and dutchess county areas and had the opportunity to get into the dacks this season. Just wanted to see how it looked as far as numbers. Thanks.
Ekern
hunter

Postby jeepman » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:49 am

jeepman wrote:opportunity to get into the dacks this season. Just wanted to see how it looked as far as numbers. Thanks.

Give it a shot for a weekend. You never know you might stumble on a honey hole and have a great hunt and then you will know for sure what to expect.
jeepman
hunter

Return to New York Duck Hunting